29.

Maddie's POV

I trace his beautiful face with my index finger. I reach down for his hand and trace his tattoos there. The tally marks, a symbol, and the two trees.

6:30 a.m.

I know it's early but I'm not able to go back to sleep. I stretch my leg out putting it on the other side of the bed so I can stand up. Before I can reach two arms drape around my waist pulling me back into a chest. I smile at Daniel and kiss his nose. His breathing is steady.

After five minutes I manage to get out of bed, not waking Daniel up. I pull on some new sweat pants and keep Daniel's shirt on from last night. I head downstairs making my way into the kitchen and I pass by the living room.

Jack is still passed out on the floor and Jonah isn't here anymore. I head into the kitchen and find a note.

Aye Mads,

I left earlier this morning. Needed some coffee and had to get things done for school. I'm at Starbucks if you need me! ;)

Jo

I leave the sticky note out on the counter and head into the pantry to take out some things to make breakfast with. I don't find much so I move into the fridge.

I take out fresh fruits and some veggies along with eggs. I notice a sack of potatoes outside by the floorboard on the edge in the kitchen.

I pull out a pan and put some oil in it. I chop up the potatoes and put them in with the vegetables. I add a smidge of salt and while I wait I grab my phone and play some music, connecting it to the TV.

I don't normally like calm ocean waves and rainy mood songs but I'm getting more into it.

"It smells good." Jack enters the kitchen and takes a seat at the island.

"God Jack!! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. I wrap my arms around his neck from behind.

"Yeah yeah, love you too." He kisses the side of my head and shuffles his hand through my wavy black hair.

"Mwah!" I kiss his forehead and shuffle my hand through his hair.

After I finish cooking the meal I set a plate in front of Jack who has his hand flat down on the marble counter.

"Wake up." I shake his head. And he groans.

I grab a plate and sit next to Jack and start eating. Jack wakes up and realizes his food is there too.

"I missed your cooking." He mumbles with a mouthful of potatoes.

"Isla does too, I'm guessing?" I smirk and he nods.

"We all have missed you." Jack laughs then finishes his plate then tells me he's headed upstairs to the guest room to sleep.

I turn back around and continue to eat my food when I feel two hot arms wrap around my small frame.

"Maddie." He exaggerates my name and I lean my head back into his shoulder.

"Dani?" I exaggerate his name as well.

"You left me in the bed alone!" He whines and spins my chair around and I kiss his lips.

"I didn't brush my teeth." Daniel admits turning red and I laugh.

"It's fine bb." I assure him and pull him back to kiss me.

"I love you." The words are meaningful and real.

"Mmmmm." I sigh.

A sudden high pitch scream comes from upstairs and I jump, bumping my knee against Daniel's lip.