They lay on the carpet in the living room, covered with a blanket.

"How did she react?" she asked, then smiled helplessly. "Don't say... I think I know," she shrugged.

"Give her time," he whispered and stroked her cheek. "She will accept you"

"The only girl your mother can accept is Gladys." Alice spoke the name of "rival" with distaste.

"But thankfully, my mother has no right to decide my choices. I'm eighteen, I'm an adult, I can do what I want"

"I'm afraid she'll split us up someday." Alice ran her hand over his chest. "I live in constant stress"

"Don't be upset, darling" FP grabbed Alice's chin and raised his head to kiss her. "I will not let my mother divide us"

~~~~~

"I can get her drunk," said Gladys.

Gladys, Theresa and Elisabeth met in a café to discuss the plan to separate Alice and FP.

"The fact that she gets drunk can not do us any good," Theresa said. "It must be something much worse"

Gladys smiled slyly.

"Did you come up with something?" Elisabeth asked.

"Yes, I'll add her sleeping pill to her drink, and then, I'll take her to the bedroom and make her sleep with some random boyfriend," Gladys replied with a smile.

"She'll wake up then and she won't know what happened, then I'll bring FP into the bedroom and tell him what his beloved girlfriend did," Theresa said. "She did not want my money."

"Bitch" murmured Elisabeth.

"She will regret this," Theresa murmured and sipped her coffee.

~~~~~

"Your mother invited me to the party," Alice said when she and FP came home from school.

"Yes, I'm very happy" FP smiled. "See, I said that she would accept you"

Alice didn't tell FP about her doubts. She didn't believe in Theresa's honesty. She felt regretful that she had agreed to come to this party.

~~~~~

Alice dressed in a light pink dress with short sleeves and beige low-heeled shoes. Nervous, she left the house and walked toward the FP house. She told her parents that she was going to a school party with Hermione.

She knocked on the door and after a moment Theresa opened it. She smiled broadly.

"Alice!" she said and invited her inside. "I'm glad you're here"

"Nice to meet you" Alice smiled uncertainly. "Where is FP?" she asked.

"My son is there," Theresa pointed to the living room. "He talks with Gladys. They have many in common."

Something stabbed Alice in her heart. She nodded.

"Thank you" Alice went to FP. When he saw her, approached her and hugged her in greeting.

"I'm glad you are here," he said and embraced her waist.

"Hi, Alice!" Gladys hugged her. "FP told me about you. I'm glad my friend is happy with you," she patted FP on the shoulder, which didn't leave Alice's mind.

"It's real love. You make the other person happier right away," Alice answered with a smile and kissed FP on the lips. Gladys winced slightly.