"Help"

This is something I wanted to address based off of a personal experience last week.

My school has an LHRC (Love and Hope Reactivation Club). In this club, they're supposed to be helping people with mental issues who often can't afford professional help or can't talk about it to their parents. I decided to go last week because of some mental health problems I have and because the president is a close friend of mine.

If you're going to make a club where the sole purpose is to help people, maybe you should actually help them. Just a thought. It all started fine. Our monitor (a teacher that I'm also pretty close with and has seen me in one of my low points), went to get us food as the meeting started. I immediately felt off as my friends in the club started messing around and tried to force me into the activity. I was visibly uncomfortable and was straight up trying to hide from them until they stopped. When I asked the president about what was going to happen (the teacher was back at this point with popcorn, the best part of the meeting) the president basically told me, "we just mess around, no one is ever unhappy in this club." She then ignored me for the rest of the meeting to read an online comic strip.

The teacher did seem to care but at that point I was extremely uncomfortable with the idea of trying to do what I had gone there for. I left the club that day feeling as if nobody cared and basically decided that I wasn't going back. I'm trying to get the guts to talk to the leader, I'm just hoping she'll take it to heart.