Yay or Nay

Jax

Swinging my leg over my bike, I took off my helmet and followed the guys inside of Red Woody.

"Meeting boss?" Tig asked and I nodded my head. On the surface it seemed like a good idea. The money would be great but we would be working for the cartel again. From what Alonzo told me the Russians weren't the type of people I wanted to get in business with or to piss off. I let out a deep sigh as I leaned back into the chair I was sitting in. I looked over at the door when I saw it open. I narrowed my eyes when I saw Charlie slip in behind Sam. It wasn't uncommon for Charlie to be in the room when we discussed club business. Especially if it involved her but this was different. We weren't going to vote on this. My answer and view on it was set in stone. I didn't want Charlie to touch this with a ten foot pole. I wasn't even planning on telling her about what Romeo had suggested. Charlie met my eyes and made her way to my side. I stretched my arm out reaching for her. My hand rested on her back feeling the gun on her back once again. Good girl. I thought to myself. I slid my hand higher up her back.

"Everything alright?" I asked her. I was more so trying to figure out why she was in the room.

"Yeah. Sam told me I should be in on this one." She told me. Immediately I looked away from her to glare at Sam.

"Did he?" I said deadly.

"I just thought she would like to know what the cartel said." He said as if it wasn't a big deal. But it was.

"I wasn't going to tell her." I said. I ignored the look I was sure that Charlie gave me.

"I just thought that she would want to know." Sam said, his voice above a whisper.

"Well I didn't want her to know." I said.

"Know what?" She asked me and I shook my head at her. This wasn't up for discussion.

"Jax... it's me." She told me and I let out a sigh.

"The cartel wants to use the Russians daughter as leverage." I started.

"They want us to get close to her and gain her trust enough for them to be able to kidnap her I guess. Romeo didn't go into detail on that." I said.

"Okay..." Charlie said obviously getting annoyed that I was dancing around the point.

"The Russian's daughter is apparently an artist. They wanted you to take on an apprentice and to select her." I finally said.

"Oh." Charlie said.

"That's it?" She asked me and I nodded.

"That should be really easy. Do they want me to make a big deal about it? I could reach out to-"

"There's no way in hell you're doing it." I said cutting her off. I couldn't believe that she was even trying to entertain the thought. I looked up at her meeting her green eyes. She pushed her dark brows together as if she was asking me why not.

"Jax it's not that big of a deal really." She said softly.

"You are in no shape to be doing something like that." I told her. I watched as the words finally clicked with her. Her face softened and she gave me a nod. It was as if she had forgotten that she was pregnant and I had just reminded her. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a lighter and a pack of cigarettes. I took one out then lit it.

"I know the cartel offered us a lot of money but I don't think it's worth it... We don't know what kind of shit we could end up in. I don't want to lose anyone else." I said to everyone.

"How much is a lot of money?" Charlie asked. Everyone including me looked at her when she spoke. She usually didn't say anything during our meetings. Not that she couldn't but she just didn't normally have anything to say unless she was asked a question.