Girl Talk

Charlie

"Jax...I'm going to go to the bathroom." I told him as we walked in through the main doors of the hospital.

"Okay."He said, letting go of my hand.

"I'll check us in."He told me and kissed my lips softly before we went our separate ways but I could feel Jax's eyes on me until I knew he couldn't see me anymore. I pushed the door open to the restroom and smiled softly at a few women that were in there washing their hands in the sink. One of them was standing off to the side waiting for a stall to be open. I started tapping the tip of my shoe on the floor, without sound. I underestimated how badly I had to go until I saw there wasn't a stall open.

"Pregnant?"One of them asked.

"Yeah" I said as I looked over at her, noticing her large bump.

"Me too! I have to go all the time now" She said to me with a laugh, I joined her

"How far are you?" She asked me.

"Four months as of today," I told her. This was the first time that I was open with a stranger about being pregnant. Besides telling the guys two weeks ago. That wasn't my choice to tell them but this was.

"Really? You look amazing! I thought you were going to say three, maybe even two." She told me. I hide my bump under my flannels pretty well these days. I didn't want Gemma to know just yet. I honestly was just waiting for the day that my body decided that it wanted to eject the baby. I was trying my damndest to make sure that didn't happen but there was still a risk. The last thing I wanted to do was tell everyone during my grief that I lost the baby. My smile started to fade a little at the thought of it.

"Nope, right at twenty weeks today. I'm just smaller.."I told her with a light laugh and she nodded.

"Plus I trained like a boxer before I was pregnant." I said and her eyes widened.

"Seriously?"She asked and I nodded.

"How far are you?"I asked her, looking down at her belly.

"8 months. And it can't come any faster." She said and we laughed together. We both sighed of relief when two stalls opened up but my face fell when I saw who walked out of one. I gave her a tight lip smile and then walked into the stall she had just come out of. I was not expecting to see Wendy today but I did want to get a straight answer out of her because I couldn't get one from Gemma. Coming out of the stall I looked over at Wendy who was obviously waiting for me. I walked up to the sink putting soap on my hands before I lathered them together. I looked up in the mirror seeing the same pregnant woman come out of the stall and walk up next to me.

"A boxer huh? You seem to pretty to be one." She told me. I knew it was supposed to be a compliment but I still took it as a back handed one.

"Really I'm a tattoo artist. I just play around the ring for fun." I told her with a smile. Though the moment I told her that her face fell and she looked nervous.

"Do you own that shop on Main?" She asked me and I gave her a nod as I dried my hands off.

"Oh..."She said, drying her own hands. It was clear that she knew who I was and had her own opinion about the club. Immediately I regretted telling her about the pregnancy. Gemma probably would know by the end of the day. Fuck... I thought.

"It was nice talking to you," I told her.

"You too." She said as she walked past Wendy and out the door. I threw my paper towel away and looked Wendy in her eyes.

"Jax is outside. If you have something to say, you might as well get it out now." I told her. She let out a puff of air relaxing her body.

"I don't want to take up much of your time Charlie. I just want to know why I can't see the boys anymore." Wendy said to me and I gave her a questioning look.