Honeymoon

Jax
"Fuck Charlie" I groaned out. My hands were on her hips as I watched her them move up and down torturously slow on my length. My eyes slowly started to look up at her body. I took in her lace ink that rested underneath her breast, then her perfect sized breast and then finally her beautiful face. Her eyes were close while she leaned her head back. I leaned forward just enough to place messy kisses across her chest. My hands gave her hips a squeeze when I heard her constant streams of moans. I groaned when I heard my phone ring again. It had been going off since Charlie and I started with our foreplay.
"You really should answer that. It's probably important" She said to me, her hips coming to a halt. I shook my head, kissing up to her neck hungerly.
"I'll answer it once I'm done with you." I spoke against her skin. I lifted her hips for her, making her get back to the dangerous rhythm she was at just moments ago. She let out a moan as I continued to kiss her neck. I removed my hands from her hips, sliding them up her back to give the support she needed.
"That's it Darlin...'" I hushed out. Feeling that she was getting close to her release just like I was. It was no surprise that Charlie became pregnant so soon into being back with me. I couldn't get enough of her. I had forgotten just how much she was made for me when it came to sex. She was the best drug that I had ever taken and fuck was she addictive. I always wanted more of her the second we were done. I was completely insatiable when it came to her. For years I tried to find someone else that gave me even a fraction of the feeling Charlie did but no one came close. It was stupid of me to think that someone else could replicate what Charlie had. I wrapped my arms around her, feeling her body spasm on top of mine. I took over giving her a few more thrusts before I joined her in spasms. I leaned my forehead against her chest taking in deep breaths trying to calm my heart rate. I didn't matter how many times I had Charlie, she always left me breathless. Another groan escaped me hearing my phone ring yet again.
"Will you answer the phone now?" Charlie asked and I shook my head.
"Jax, it has to be important. They wouldn't call like this if it wasn't." She told me. I knew she was right. They all knew we were on our honeymoon. They all swore that they would let me enjoy a real vacation. I couldn't remember the last time that I was able to go on one. Probably never. I unwrapped my arms from Charlie, leaning back against the headboard of our hotel bed. I watched as she climbed off of me. A smile came to my lips seeing her small baby bump sticking out. She came back over to me with my flip phone in hand. I lifted up my arm for her to lay next to me. Looking at my phone I had ten missed calls: some from Tig, some from Bobby but mostly they were from Chibs. I sighed knowing that some shit had to be going on. After dialing Chibs number I pressed my phone to my ear listening to it ring.
"Sorry to bother you so late Jackie." Chibs said.
"What's going on?" I asked. My free hand found Charlie's head. I ran my fingers through her dark brown hair, massaging her scalp with my fingertips.
"We got a problem. Someone ambushed the Irish before we got here. Killed Finn and his guys and took the guns that were for the Mayans." Chibs said. I let out a sigh and leaned my head back.
"Shit..." I said.
"You sure it wasn't Marcus?" I asked. It shouldn't have been. We had a great relationship with the Mayans for the past year.
"Aye...The message that was left here- they left it for both of us." He said.
"What do you mean?" I asked
"They killed Rat and one of the Mayans that was out here with him. Rat and the Mayan had their eyes cut out with their heads off their bodies. It's real brutal Jackie" Chibs said. I let out another sigh.
"Marks?" I questioned.
"Or someone who wants it to look like Marks. I talked to Tyler, he said Marks is upping his security and wants the niners patrolling the streets." He told me. This couldn't be good. There wasn't much Marks was afraid of. If he was getting more security then something must have threatened him too.
"We gotta go on lock down until we find out who they are and what they want." Chibs said and I nodded.
"I agree. No one rides alone. Call everyone and have them meet at Red Woody. Let Barakisy know something's going down. Call Alonzo. See if he has any idea who this could be." I told him. My eyes looked down at Charlie to see a questioning expression on her face.
"Charlie and I will be back by morning." I said before hanging up the phone. I ran both my hands over my face and took a deep breath. We had only been on our honeymoon for a week. I thought with our last deal with the Mayans and the Niners that we were past all of this senseless violence.
"Wanna catch some air?" She asked me and I shook my head no at her. As much as I wanted to talk this over with her we didn't have the time.
"We gotta get dressed and head back." I told her.
"It's that bad?" Charlie asked me and I gave her a nod.
"Yeah..." I said slowly.
"We can talk without having to smoke." She said to me. I gave her another sigh bringing my hands off of my face. Naturally I thought about not telling her the horrors that Chibs had just told me but she also needed to know.
"Someone killed the Irish at the warehouse when they were dropping off the guns. Rat and one of the Mayans too."
"Oh shit..." Charlie said as she pulled away from me. I pulled the covers back before I got up to get dressed.
"Someone new?" She asked me and I gave her another nod.
"Maybe. Marks upped his security. He wouldn't have done that unless he got a message too." I told her.
"Do you know any organizations that decapitates and removes the eyes?" I asked her. I looked over at her and her eyes were wide.
"That's what they did to them?" She asked. She shook her head no at me.
"But Alonzo will." She told me. I figured he would. This was something bigger than us. Something unfamiliar and new. I did not want to be in a war while Charlie was pregnant. I don't think I would be able to forgive myself if she lost the baby because of me. We were already incredibly lucky that she didn't lose the baby when she was kidnapped by the Irish. My hand tightened on the steering wheel as flashbacks of finding Tara flooded my mind. My natural instinct to want to push Charlie away started to creep into my mind. I knew she wouldn't allow me to leave her completely and truthfully I didn't want that anymore. I didn't want to live my life without her anymore no matter the danger I may have been putting her in. She told me not to shoulder the burden of wanting to protect her alone anymore. I trusted Charlie more than I had trusted anyone. I knew she could protect herself to an extent and I knew she was probably the safest when she was close to me. But it was different now. I knew how much she wanted this baby, I wouldn't be the reason she lost it. I couldn't be the reason why she lost two pregnancies. My eyes focused on the dark road as I drove us out of the little oasis we were in hours prior. I would have gladly stayed in that world with her. I wasn't constantly looking over my shoulder worrying about if someone was going to retaliate. I hadn't even worn my cut for a week while we were down there. We were just two newlyweds enjoying our honeymoon. I glanced over to look at Charlie sleeping in the passenger seat. My eyes looked down at her stomach before they went back to the road. It was almost impossible to tell she was pregnant when she was wearing clothes. Especially now since it was getting a little cooler outside. That worried me even more. What if someone hurt her not knowing she was pregnant or worse did it because they knew she was. I tightened my hand on the steering wheel of her car once again. I couldn't help but to think about sending her and the boys up to New York to stay with Alonzo's family until we got all of this shit figured out.
"Hey Jax." Bobby said once I was out of the car. He gave me a hug while Tig opened the door for Charlie.
"Sorry about this. I know she must be upset." Bobby said and I shrugged. I reached into the back seat grabbing my cut off of our bags. All the guys were all so concerned about her feelings. I loved knowing that they cared for her just like they did for me.
"She's alright. She's the one who made me answer the phone." I told him with a chuckle, sliding my arms through my vest.
"Gemma and the boys here?" I asked him while we walked into Redwoody. He gave me a nod.
"Yeah Nero brought them and his boy last night." He told me, opening the door. I walked inside seeing that the warehouse was full of people. My eyes looked at all the faces making sure that everyone who needed to be there was here; All the guy's spouses and children, all of the crow eaters and escorts. Finally my eyes stopped at Gemma who was setting up breakfast on the bar. I turned to Charlie, giving her a kiss on the cheek.
"We're going to have a meeting... Make sure the boys are okay for me?" I asked her and she gave me a small smile and a nod.
"This is serious, Charlie." I whispered to her and she gave me another nod. I had promised her that I would be more transparent with her about what was going on. In return she promised that she would listen to me.
"I know. I asked Tig to get me a gun." She told me. I could tell by the look in her eyes that she understood what I was hinting at. She had that ice cold gaze in her green eyes. She usually liked close range fighting but I could tell that she didn't want it to come down to that. I gave her a nod and looked over to Gemma giving her a small wave before I followed the guys into the office. I took my seat behind the desk, pulled out a cigarette then lit it.
"Charlie told me to get her a gun. Should I?" Tig asked me as I took a drag from my cigarette.
"She likes pistols." I told him, letting the smoke out with my words.
"She knows how to use it." I assured him. Giving him permission to give her one without saying it. I watched as he left the room. I turned my focus back on the guys.
"What do we know?" I asked them.
"We haven't talked to the kings yet. Didn't want to start that shit storm with them until we had some answers." Bobby said.
"I talked to Alveras last night, they're going on lock down too." Happy said.
"Gave them their guy's body. Sent Rat's to get cremated." Sammy said.
"How's Brooke?" I asked.
"A mess. Blaming the club. Gemma  calmed her down but she's a little off the hinges" Sammy said. That poor girl, first she hated us, then loved us and now she was back to hating us.
"Did you call Alonzo?" I asked Chibs and he gave me a head nod.
"Aye... Sounds like there's a new player in town." He told me and I took another drag.
"We pissed off the Russians." He said and I gave him a confused face.
"The Russians? How?" I asked him.
"The Chinese ran their drugs on this coast for them." He said and I sighed, closing my eyes. Somehow the shit with the Chinese just kept coming back to bite us.
"Then why send a message to everyone?" I questioned.
"Alonzo thinks that they more than likely are just letting us know that they're in town and that they're here to say."He said.
"He say how we can get them to peacefully meet with us?" I asked.
"He said he'll reach out again with an answer for that but he was clear that they aren't people we should be in business with" If Alonzo thought they were dangerous then they probably were. I was going to have to sit on this for a while before I could figure out how to handle this.
"Fuck... Okay call the IRA and let them know what's going on. Make sure they know that we had nothing to do with this and that we lost a guy too." I told Bobby. Everyone sat in silence. I let out another sigh knowing that there was something else they weren't telling me.
"What else happened?" I asked them.
"The Cartel reached out this morning. They want us to pick up their gun order again since we got Lin out of the picture." Chibs said. I brought my hand up to my face while I sat with that. I always knew that the Cartel could come back after we retaliated against the Chinese. It had been long enough without hearing from them that I assumed they found another means but I was wrong.
"The Mayan guns the Russians took?" I asked.
"They were sold to Galindo." Chibs said. I knew he was going to say that. It wasn't what I wanted to hear. We were in deeper than I thought we were.
"Fuck." I said again.
"This is not how I wanted to spend my honeymoon." I said, taking another drag from my cigarette. I fought tooth and nail to get us out from under the cartel. We were almost on a legit path with minimum illegal activity.
"Let's try to meet with Romeo. See where they stand." I told them and they all nodded.
"Sorry Jackie." Chibs said and I shook my head.
"No, I'm sorry.. These are my demons coming back for the shit we all went through to avenge Tara... You boys followed me down that path. I knew it could lead to this. I got comfortable thinking that we were past it." I said leaning back in my seat. I let myself get so wrapped up in Charlie that I had forgotten about the damage that I had left. The bodies I had piled high. I was being so damn reckless just weeks prior to her being back in town. She had been here for six months now and I was more concerned with trying to get us on a more legit path to make Charming safer again then tying up all of our loose ends. I looked at each of the guys' faces. I couldn't ask them to go to war again and I planned to do everything in my power to make sure that didn't happen.
"We have to figure out who's worse, the cartel or the russians..." I told them and they nodded. I put out my cigarette in the ashtray.
"Bobby, call Marcus tell him all we know so far. I don't want to be at war with them too." I said, pushing myself out of the seat I was sitting in. I started to follow the guys out of the room.
"Hap." I said as I reached out, putting my hand on Happy to stop him.
"Could you keep an eye out for Charlie... She can protect herself but I don't want it to come down to that. She's supposed to be taking it easy right now." I whispered to him.
"I'll protect her with my life." He said to me, giving me a curt nod.
"Thank you, brother." I told him. My eyes scanned the place looking for Charlie and the boys. I raised a brow seeing that Gemma had her hands on her hips staring at Charlie. Gemma looked defensive and Charlie looked like she was applying pressure to Gemma. I had just told Happy that Charlie needed to be taking it easy and here she was already starting something with my mother. I walked over to them hoping to break up whatever spat they had going on.
"Everything good?" I asked them but I was mostly talking to Charlie. I placed my hand on her lower back, feeling a gun under her jacket. I moved my hand up higher looking at both of them.
"Everything is fine sweetheart." Gemma said, giving me a smile.
"What's going on?" She asked me. Obviously wanting to move on past whatever they were talking about.
"Gemma invited Wendy to the wedding but won't tell me why." Charlie said. Gemma rolled her eyes and went back to staring at Charlie.
"I don't keep anything from him." Charlie said. She was right, we didn't. Not anymore.
"I didn't invite her. I just mentioned that it was happening. She came on her own free will." Gemma said.
"Do I need to talk to Wendy about coming around?" I asked Charlie and she looked up at me. Wendy was a topic that we hadn't talked about much. Charlie never asked so I left it alone. Gemma even seemed to leave Wendy out as of late. I now understood Charlie's reasons for pressing on Gemma about this. I looked at Chibs when he came over and handed me his phone.
"Alonzo." He told me and I nodded, taking the phone from him.
"We'll talk about this in a second." I touched the back of Charlie's head before walking away to get some privacy.
"Some honeymoon you're having." He said into the phone. I let out a humorless laugh.
"Yeah you can say that again. What you got for me?" I told him.
"I did some digging into the Russians... I didn't know you had bad blood with the Chinese over there." He told me.
"No disrespect but that really wasn't your business to know." I told him.
"True. But I would have told you about the Russians last week when I saw you if I had known." He said and I pushed my brows together.
"I never told you this and I would hope this stays between us." He told me.
"Of course." I responded.
"We just took out our Chinese problem over here roughly three weeks ago. Heroin isn't something we like on our streets. The Russians were supplying it to them in exchange for women. We made it known that they can't do that here. I'm assuming they are switching coasts and are going to try to do the same in your backyard." He said and I took a deep breath. Letting it out slowly. That explained why they were sending a message to everyone that had a piece of California 
"Jesus Christ. Fuck man." I said.
"I wish I had better news for you. The Russians don't like getting their hands dirty with pushing their own shit. Since you also don't have a Chinese middle man anymore; They'll be reaching out to someone to do it for them." He told me. That information was already too late. I knew exactly who they were making moves with the cartel instead. Stealing our guns was probably a show of good faith to them.
"I'll have our contacts in the DEA and the FBI look into the Russians more for you. I'll keep in touch." He told me.
"I'd appreciate that." I told him, closing the phone. How the fuck was I going to get us out of this shit.