24 | Forever and Always

I open the door and I have to say I'm shocked

I open the door and I have to say I'm shocked. In the two years that I've known her, Bobbi has never knocked. She's not the knocking type. She's more of the barging in type. So the fact that she's knocked on my door, it's one of either two things: something is very wrong or she has some news to tell me that's heavy.

"Hey," I greet her. "You okay?"

"I'm out," is all she says.

I frown. "Out?" And then I raise my brows and my lower jaw drops. "You're out out?"

She grins. "I'm out. I'm going home, Ollie. Home home."

"Bobbi!"

I pull her into a big bear hug. I'd lift her and twirl her if I could, but I really am that kind of weakling.

"I'm so happy for you!"

She pulls back and holds my shoulders. "I want you to keep that promise, Ollie." Her tone is serious now. "Don't forget me, Oliver Irvine."

I take her face in my hands, her face that was once so skinny and malnourished, the complete opposite to the full cheeks and defined facial definition I'm holding in my hands now.

"I keep my promises," I say. "I could never, ever forget you, Roberta Mae Kent."

Tears well in those wonderful blue eyes and I pull her into another hug. She runs her slender fingers through my hair and then rests her hand on the back of my head. I curl my arms tightly around her waist like I'll never let her go, and I won't.

"Besides, this is far from the last time you'll see me, babe," Bobbi chuckles, her voice heavy. "You can't get rid of me that easily."

"I'd never doubt that for a second, dear," I say, pecking her on the cheek.

Bobbi steps back with a huff and wipes away her tears. "Sign out for the night. Or use those connections you've got to sneak out of this place."

"I can't. I'm on probation. Too many nights out."

"Convince Bella to cover for you one more time. You are her favorite after all."

I raise an eyebrow. She's planning something. "What's going on?"

"Ollie, come on. Consider it a going away present."

I raise my chin when she pulls a blindfold out from her back pocket.

I point at it. "And what exactly is that for?"

A sly smirk graces those perfectly tinted lips. "It's a surprise. And it's one you're going to want to skirt past that probation of yours to see it."

It would be a lie to say that I'm not intrigued. A blindfold means it's a party and a fun one at that. Or it means something very bad. It could go either way. But with Bobbi involved, I think it's safe to assume it's the first one.