Oarers from the Past Part 6

"A girl of sorts, this girl so strange.

The girl who will make all the difference again.

By day, she struggles.

By night, she works.

This girl, so simple.

Like a single book.

But careful, for without care she'll crumble,

Thrust into the clutches of evil's look.

This girl, seemingly so meek.

This girl, seemingly so weak.

This girl will be the death of you, this girl will end time.

But it will all be your fault, as through it all, she holds the very secret you seek."

I recited the beginning of the prophecy to myself. A single book...yes, that was definitely Elle. Meek, yes, that seemed to be her too. The clutches of evil...

That part scared me, and it scared me out of my wits. I was trying to push all of the prophecy-related thoughts out of my head, because first I needed to succeed on my mission. The One, where was he? I was told I would be able to sense his presence, to see his aura amongst all others. After all, if I was to Change him, to make him an Oarer, to ensure the continuation of my race, I needed to FIND him first.

As if that weren't enough, I still hadn't talked to Brian, after about a week of failed attempts at trying to convince myself to go say "Hi".

Today was the day, I realized. I would find the One by next week, if I had the right help. Besides, how was I scared of talking to Brian? I, an OARER, should not be scared of talking to a human being. That was not right. That was not right at all. Thinking of how positively un-Oarerish that was of me helped courage find a place in me. I was going to prove the prophecy wrong.

Under no circumstances was I going to be the cause of the end of time.

Still frustrated though, I grimaced. I was stuck; I could neither just walk up and talk to him, nor could I leave the situation as it was. My eyes darted everywhere; my mind was restless.

Across the crowded hallway, I noticed a petite, familiar-looking girl trip across her shoelaces and watched her papers go flying everywhere, and her book hit a jock standing by his locker squarely on his head. I squinted, my eyes becoming telescopic, and began to listen hard as my ears became equivalent to those of a bat's, for this was a memorable, if not terrible, moment that I would remember as long as I lived (which was probably going to be forever, because I was immortal unless the prophecy was meant for me).

The jock's face changed color as he reached up to touch his face, which now had a dirty bruise plastered upon it. His hands clenched into fists and he ripped up the spiral with one tear straight down the middle. He sauntered over to the girl, his face a peculiar shade of purple. He raised his fist and somewhere inside of me, a voice screamed.

For it had finally clicked to me. I had seen this girl before. It was Elle, Brian's sister. And Brian himself was running towards her from across the hall, his eyes wide with fear for his younger sister and his legs sprinting across the floor, trying to get there in time before the fist collided with Elle's face.

See? This was sort of why Brian could be a great aid to me on my quest. He was just a helping person. However, I did some quick calculations and realized that he wouldn't get there in time.

Before I could figure out what I was doing, my body was stretched out in front of Elle's, and the heartless jock's fist collided with my face.

**********************

the choice is urs. :DDDD

love it, hate it, vote for it, comment on it?

maybe even become a fan for it?

(also, if u have some free time, check out emmiwish . she has a great story!)

and OMG. this is #274 on the What's Hot list!!

I. LOVE. YOU. GUYS!!!! <3