Chapter 26

Gerard stepped out of the room with Frank. They bumped right into someone and Gerard looked at Lindsey. He hasn't seen her in person since she tear gassed him.

"Oh, hey," Gerard said a little awkwardly.

"Hi," Lindsey said. "Guess we're neighbors."

She gestured to the room next to theirs, indicating that that's where she was staying.

"Oh, great," Frank mumbled.

He wanted to leave to go find food but didn't want to leave the two of them alone.

"So, Uh, how are you two doing?" She asked.

"We're fine," Gerard said. "How are you?"

"I'm doing better now," she said. "I should go, we were gonna grab some food."

Gerard smiled and nodded. The two boys walked into Pete and Jamia's room.

"We have come for bagels," Gerard announced.

Frank giggled, kissing his boyfriend's cheek. Pete got out the bagels and cream cheese.

"Where's Jamia?" Frank asked.

"She went to the lobby to get us some of the free coffee," Pete said.

"How was sleeping over with Jamia for the first time?" He asked.

"Really good," Pete replies with a small smile. "It was so nice cuddling with her all night."

Frank smiled as the door opened and Jamia carefully held two styrofoam cups of coffee.

"Hey, good morning," she said. "It's gonna rain, what are we gonna do?"

"We can just hang out here for today," Gerard said.

Frank made himself a bagel before stepping outside the room to call his mom. It was chilly out as he wore a hoodie, dark clouds looking overhead.

"Hey, mom," he said when the line picked up.

"Good morning, baby," Linda said.

"Did I wake you up?" He asked while he ate.

"No, why do you sound weird?" She asked.

"Eating a bagel," Frank said.

"Ugh, why didn't you just call me after instead of talking with food in your mouth?" She asked. "Anyways, how are things down there?"

"Good," He said. "It's rainy today so we're just hang out at the motel or something. Ryan brought cards and things like that and Jamia brought snacks."

"That sounds like fun," she said. "I miss you."

"You too," he said. "You working?"

"I'm leaving in just a few minutes but I don't work the night shifts tonight," she said.

"Okay, I should let you go then," he said. "I love you, mom."

"Love you too, sweetheart," Linda said. "Tell Mia I said hi."

Frank hung up and shoved the rest of the bagel in his mouth. Someone walked up to Frank in that moment.

"Hey, Frank, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for my actions," Lindsey apologized. "They were bitchy and uncalled for."

Frank tried to say something but his mouth was full and it came out as nothing more than gibberish. He choked before coughing and spitting the bagel out onto the ground.

"Um, thanks," he said, wiping his mouth as he coughed.

"I guess I just wasn't ready to let go of Gerard yet but I am now," she said. "I hope that maybe we can be friends."