Chapter 3

Frank was not good with people. Especially when it came to romantic relationships with people. He's only ever dated one person before and that was for a grand total of only two weeks. And losing his virginity...Frank didn't even want to think about that.

He didn't really know exactly what to feel when it came to Gerard. Frank has always been straight, up until about last year. He wasn't sure what his sexuality was but Gerard didn't help to straighten it out at all. Maybe he did have a little bit of crush on Gee, he couldn't really tell.

"Frank, just pick an outfit," Jamia complained.

"What if he doesn't like it?" Frank asked.

"Who? Gerard?" Jamia asked. "I'm sure he'll like anything."

"He likes fashion, he knows more about fashion than me, What if I have bad fashion taste?" He asked.

"You're fine," she said.

The curtain opened and Frank's mom poked her head in, sighing when she saw the mess of clothes. She looked tired and overworked.

"Frank—"

"I know, I'll clean it up," he interrupted.

"What are you two up to?" She asked. "Is that...do I smell cologne?"

"Frank is trying to impress a boy," Jamia said.

"Oh, who is it?" His mom asked.

"No, no one, goodnight, mom, I'll be home before midnight," Frank said.

His mom kissed his cheek before leaving. Frank and his mom didn't have the easiest life. His dad left when he was barely a year old, it was hard for frank to see him on holidays and birthdays. Seeing his step-brothers really didn't help. They lived in a tiny apartment, Frank's room was technically just a closet with barely enough room for a mattress in the corner and his dresser. There wasn't even a door, just a curtain in the doorway. But Frank doesn't complain, he loves his mom and knows she works so hard to support him and keep him happy.

"Come on, you were so good talking to Gerard the first day," Jamia said. "Just do that again."

"Yeah, But I was also high off my ass," Frank stated.

Jamia reached into Frank's drawer and pulled out a joint.

"No, no, I don't wanna smoke," Frank said before biting his lip. "Fuck it, give it to me."

He took a drag before handing it off to Jamia.

"You just need to calm down," Jamia said.

"I am calm, I am," he said.

"You're not," she said. "You always do that fidgety things with your sleeves when you're nervous. Just chill."

"I don't do fidgety things with my sleeves," he denied.

"You do," she said.

"No," he stated. "God, sometimes I think you're crazy."

"You're the psycho one," Jamia retorted. "Always getting into crazy stuff."

"Stop nitpicking me all the time," Frank said before taking a deep breath. "You know what, let's not argue tonight, okay? I'm already nervous, I need you by my side."

"Told you you were nervous," she mumbled before picking up a shirt. "Here, wear this."

"No, ew, this is the shirt I had to wear to my dad's wedding," he said.

"That doesn't matter, wear this white button with some black jeans and your black leather jacket," Jamia said.

Frank put the outfit on and the two of them walked down to the movie theaters. Brendon was there, he was the only one able to come on a Sunday night.