Chapter 5

Gerard made sure to wear one of the best skirts he owned. He wanted to impress Frank. He knew it really wouldn't take much but it didn't matter to him. The black mini skirt hugged his ass in the perfect way. He also had a white t-shirt tucked into it and a light blue denim jacket.

"Why are you dressed up so nice?" Mikey asked, looking up from his book.

"I am seeing Frank today," he said. "We are gonna hang out with some of his friends. What do you think? Do I look okay?"

"Yeah, sure," Mikey said, going back to focus on the novel he was in the middle of.

Gerard put on some eyeliner before going downstairs. He had permission to borrow his dad's car, taking it to the skate park where they said they would meet up. Everyone was there already, smoking joints in the corner. Frank immediately froze when he saw Gerard, his face turning a bit red.

"Hey, what'd I miss?" Gerard asked.

"Let me introduce you to everyone," Jamia said. "This is Gerard. Gerard, this is Pete, Ryan, Josh, Debby, and you already know Brendon."

"Hey," Gerard said with a small wave.

"That is the cutest skirt," Debby said.

"Thank you, bought it online," Gerard said.

"Really? Online shopping makes me so nervous," Jamia said. "I mean, you never know what you're gonna get. Which reminds me, we need to plan that shopping trip together."

"Yeah, definitely," he said. "How's it going, Frank?"

"Going good," Frank said.

His eyes were a bit bloodshot and Gerard guessed that he had been smoking for a little while now, probably why he seemed more relaxed. He sat on the ground against the chain-link fence, dressed in a hoodie and black jeans. Gerard took the empty spot beside him, resting his head on Frank's shoulder.

"I missed you," Gerard said. "I couldn't wait to come and see you again."

Frank blushed but calmly said, "I couldn't wait to see you too."

Jamia smiled, patting his shoulder.

"There we go, we just need to get you high to talk to cute boys," she said.

"Oh my god, Frank is the worst at talking to cute people," Ryan said. "And now that he's questioning his sexuality it makes it even harder, even more people to get nervous around."

"Oh shut up," Frank said. "No more talking about me and attractive people. I am an off-topic limit. A-an off-limit topic."

Jamia chuckled, pinching Frank's cheek.

"Oh my god, how many times have I told you not to do that?" Frank asked, batting her hand away.

"Chill out, Frank, it's not that big of a deal," she said.

"Yeah but I've told you before--"

"Will you two stop arguing?" Pete interrupted. "That is so annoying, just stop doing it already."

Frank sighed, holding his hand out for the joint.

"Want some?" He offered, holding it out to Gerard.

Gerard shook his head, instead wrapping an arm around Frank's shoulders. Frank stiffened for a second before relaxing.

"So, how are all of you guys?" Gerard asked.

"We're good," Brendon said. "It's nice to see you again, man. Let me introduce you to my boyfriend, Ryan. I love showing him off as my boyfriend."

Ryan blushed, kissing brendon's cheek.