Chapter 4

Gerard showed his brother the bookstore he had found the other day. It was certainly interesting in there, quiet and quaint. Mikey, of course, immediately went into the corner to shove his nose into a book.

"You should go talk to that girl," Gerard said.

"And say what?" Mikey asked without looking up.

"I don't know, ask for her number," Gerard said. "Come on, she's cute. She's exactly your type."

"I don't have a type," he denied.

"Bookish girls are your type," Gerard said. "Just look at her at least."

Mikey looked up and eyed the girl with the blonde hair. He pushed his glasses up before looking back down at his book.

"Come on, just talk to her," Gerard said.

"No, I can't," Mikey denied. "You know I can't talk to girls."

"Come on, you're my little brother, it's my job to help you," he said. "This is your freshman year at a brand new school, you could completely remake yourself. You could be anything you want to be."

"What I want is to read this book," he said.

"Okay, well, I'm going to go talk to her for you," Gerard said.

Gerard walked off before Mikey could stop him, sitting at the table with that girl.

"Hey, do you go to Belleville High School?" He asked and she nodded. "I just moved here, what grade are you in?"

"I'm a sophomore," she said.

"That's cool, my brother is a freshman," he said, gesturing to Mikey. "He was a little bit nervous to come here and talk to you, actually. I'm Gerard, he's Mikey."

"Kristin," she said with a small smile.

"Well, Kristin, I hope to see you around," Gerard said before walking back off to his brother.

"I hate you," Mikey said. "Stop meddling in my life."

He put the book back on the shelf and stormed out of the shop. Gerard frowned, following him back towards the house.

"Come on, it'll be fine," he said.

"You always do this, Gerard," Mikey complained, not turning back. "You always fucking do this. Just leave my life alone already."

"Just one thing," Gerard said. "One thing. Just one thing."

"What?" Mikey sighed, turning around and stopping.

"Let me give you a makeover," he said.

"Oh, yeah right," Mikey scoffed. "Like I'm going to let you give me fucking strawberry hair like yours."

"No, I won't do that," Gerard said. "Just trust me, okay? Just this one thing and I promise that I will leave you alone."

"Fine but if I look stupid you're paying to fix it," he said.

Gerard brought Mikey into the house to the upstairs bathroom, grabbing a pair of scissors and the hair bleach on his way. He sat Mikey down on the toilet and began getting to work. He's always dyed his own hair so although he wasn't a professional, he wasn't bad when it came to hair.

"Please don't make me look like a dork," Mikey begged.

"You already look like a dork," Gerard stated.

Gerard played music, rocking out to the song while working on his brother's hair. He finally finished and made Mikey put his contacts in without looking in the mirror before going to get some clothes.