Chapter 11

Gerard was trying to ease up on his personality a bit but he wanted to do the cheesiest, most romantic thing to Frank.

"He's coming," Josh said, smiling happily.

The door opened and Jamia and Frank walked into the school together like they always did. Frank stopped short when he saw Gerard. Gerard was standing there with a big sign that said 'You're the best part of moving to Bellville, I need a date to the dance, can you be that spot to fill?'

"Wow, this is just..." Jamia muttered.

Gerard held out a bouquet of lilies.

"What do you say?" He asked.

Frank blushed, looking around at everyone who watched them. He nodded, taking the bouquet. Gerard smiled and gave him a hug. People clapped before going on with their daily business again.

"Is this a little overboard?" Gerard asked. "I don't care, I wanted to do something amazingly romantic for you. And we are going to have the best time at the dance. It's not too late for me to ask, is it? I know the dance is coming up pretty soon."

"No, no, it's okay, I would love to go with you," Frank said.

"Oh my god, this is the cutest thing I have ever seen," Jamia said. "It is so romantic."

"Gerard, this is seriously amazing," Debby said. "Josh, why don't you do this for me?"

"Why do you have to up the standards for every other guy here, Gerard?" Josh asked.

"Really," Brendon agreed.

"I'm just doing something for my beautiful boyfriend," Gerard said. "Something that he deserves."

"Thank you," Frank said, blushing as he looked at the flowers.

Gerard smiled and kissed his cheek. Gerard took Frank's hands, pulling him away from the group towards his locker.

"So, you didn't happen to get another note, did you?" Frank asked.

"Nope, completely note free," Gerard said with a smile. "I told you, everything is fine. There was no piano dropping on my head while walking to school. No anvil, no nothing."

"This is serious, Gerard," Frank stated.

Gerard opened his locker, getting out his textbook.

"Frank, you can keep those in here if you'd like, I don't want them to be annoying to carry them around all day," he said.

"As much as I would love to show them off to everyone, thank you," he said.

Frank set his flowers in there on the little shelf.

"You are gonna look so good in your suit," Gerard said.

"Yeah, uh, I can't really afford a suit or anything," Frank said. "I just wear some jeans with a black long sleeve and a tie."

"Well, you will look cute in that no matter what," he said.

"Thanks, Gee," Frank said before sighing. "I'm glad I don't get so nervous around you anymore."

"Me too, as cute as you are, I'm glad to see you relax a bit more," he said.

"We should get to class," Frank said. "Thank you for this, though. Thank you for everything. I am really excited to go to the dance with you."

Gerard smiled, kissing his cheek. "Alright, let's go to class."

Gerard held Frank's hand, walking with him to class. They sat at their lab station, holding hands under the table.