Chapter 12

Gerard was excited to go dress shopping but a part of him wished he could stay in this moment forever. He kissed Frank's cheek, smiling happily.

"I hope you have a nice time at work," Gerard said.

"Yeah, you too," Frank said. "I-I mean, you're not going to work. I-I hope you have a good time shopping."

"Thank you, Frankie, I'll see you later," Gerard said.

Jamia walked up, smiling happily.

"You ready to go?" She asked.

"I am, just saying goodbye to my beautiful boyfriend," he said.

"Bye," Frank said, kissing Gerard's cheek before walking off.

They got into the car, where Mikey was already sitting in the backseat. Gerard dropped Mikey off at home before they went to the mall.

"So, what color dress do you wanna wear?" Gerard asked.

"I don't know, I was thinking maybe, like, a burgundy color," she said.

"You would look so cute in that color," Gerard said.

The two went around trying on dresses, laughing and talking. Jamia finally picked a maroon, off the shoulder dress. Gerard spotted Alicia picking out a dress on the other side of the store.

"God, I think she sent me that letter," Gerard said. "Which just makes the whole thing more annoying and less funny."

"She still has a crush on Frank?" Jamia asked. "Damn, I thought she would've gotten over that by now."

"Well I guess not because she threw her ice cream at me yesterday," he said. "God, she is really weird. Does she have any friends?"

"No, I have literally never seen her talk to anyone," Jamia said. "She's probably some kind of freak and that's why she sent the letter."

"I don't think she's a freak, I think she's maybe just upset," he said. "Maybe a little bit rude."

"She has, like, no social skills at all, she was one of those kids who used to bite people in elementary school," she said. "One time she put a dead rat in my locker."

"You're kidding," Gerard said.

Jamia shook her head. "She is a freak, you should stay clear of her."

"Yeah, maybe I should," Gerard mumbled, looking at Alicia as they walked out of the store.

"So, you got your suit and everything ready?" Jamia asked.

"I do," Gerard said. "I am so excited, I can't believe that we're actually going to the dance together. I haven't had a real date to a dance in a while."

"How come?" Jamia asked.

"Never really had a serious boyfriend or girlfriend," Gerard said with a small shrug. "Never dated anyone to take to dances."

"Well, I'm really glad that you're able to have someone to take," Jamia said. "You two are going to have such a good time."

"And you're gonna have an amazing time with Pete," he said. "Come on, let's go grab something from the food court."

The two grabbed some burgers and fries before sitting at a table in the corner.

"God, is she following us?" Jamia asked. "What a stalker."

Gerard looked up and saw Alicia buying food. He took an opportunity to look her over. She had messy black hair, matching her heavy, messy black eye makeup. She had on a black zombie shirt with skinny black jeans and a studded white belt. On top of all that she had some neon yellow converse matching her colorful bracelets, which went halfway up her forearm.