✭ chapter 29

song for chapter: i love you by billie eilish + play on repeat!!

claire's pov

i hear quiet footsteps around me and my eyes slowly flutter open. i look around my room to see jade standing in front of me smiling softly, but also looking quite concerned. i look out the window to see the sunshine streaming in through my blinds.

it's the morning.

i sit up in my bed and place my head in my hands, remembering last nights events. i groan, "fuck, what time is it?"

jade looks down at her foot while shifting her weight, "almost eleven. how are you?"

i look at the wall in front of my bed and stare at it emotionlessly. it feels like i'm stuck in a dream, like this isn't real. a part of me feels like i'm still in a deep slumber, waiting for someone to wake me up from out of this nightmare.

the sad part is, the other half of me knows that isn't true. this is real.

"i.. don't know."

jade's facial expression falls as she sits back down on the bed facing me. she places a hand on my knee causing me to look at her, "claire.." she looks at me with sympathetic eyes, "do you wanna talk about it?"

i feel my vision start to blur as the hot tears fill my eyes to the brim. they spill out of my eyes dripping onto my comforter as i lay there, still and numb.

i feel two arms wrap around me pulling me into their warm body, rubbing my back softly with their hand.

"shhh, claire. it's okay i promise," i hug my best friend back tightly, wishing that she could take all of the pain away from me.

she lets go of me and sighs, reaching for my phone that's sitting on the nightstand, "you might want to look at this."

i take the phone from out of her hand and see the notifications covering my lock screen.

7 missed calls from babe.

my eyes go wide staring at the screen and i feel my heart jump a little. i start to clear out the notifications but one catches my eye.

1 message from alex.

jade notices me staring at my phone and she comes up and peaks her head over to see what i'm looking at.

"who's alex?"

i sigh, "this guy in my teen leadership class," i shrug.

i unlock my phone to go to his text and i scan the message.

alex: u still coming over today to work on our mission statement project ?

i groan reading his text. i totally forgot we're doing that today. jade raises an eyebrow, "what'd he say?"

i show her the phone and she makes a face, "ew, that sucks. is he at least cute?"

i laugh weakly and hit her playfully, "oh my god, shut up. not like i'm looking for a guy right now anyways."

she shrugs and i start to respond back.

claire: yeah i'll be over at noon. addy?

i look at the time and it's 11:14. i look over at Jade and sigh, "hey, i'm sorry but you're gonna be here by yourself for an hour or so when i go over to do the project."

she shakes her head, "like i give a fuck, your home is my home. i'll just watch the office when you're gone."

i giggle and get up from my bed going to the bathroom to start getting ready for the day. i set my phone down by the sink and start to wash my face.