✭ chapter 28

song for chapter: hallucinogenics by matt maeson + listen to on repeat!!

ethan's pov

grayson parks his newly wrapped car down payton's street. i can feel the excitement running through my veins, i haven't been to a party in forever.

cameron, jack, grayson and i step out of the car and walk over to the cement pathway leading to payton's house.

cameron slaps me on the back while laughing, "aye, you ready for this shit?"

i scoff cockily, "have you met me? of course i am."

jack and grayson high five me as if they're proud. i've been getting distant from the guys ever since i've met claire. tonight feels weird, i feel like the guy i was before i met claire.

and i don't know if that's a good thing.

i was an asshole to say the least, but the thought of claire possibly being with alex pisses me off so much to the point where i really don't care anymore.

grayson leads us to the gate which connects to her backyard. we've been here plenty of times before, so when we come we usually just come in through the back.

the music is playing loudly outside so obviously her parents aren't home. payton's parents are always gone on business trips and such leaving payton to throw house parties for the entire senior class.

grayson opens the gate as me, jack, and cameron walk in with him. i look around the backyard taking in the familiar sight.

there are a lot of people here, more then there usually are.

i see some of the football guys laughing and standing by the firepit passing around a blunt.

my gaze shifts over to the far left of me and i look at the huge glamorous pool where some cheerleaders were dipping their feet into the water, each hitting a vape. one of them hitting an air, and the other hitting a novo.

the hot tub was on the right side of the pool and i looked to see a couple intensely making out with their drinks sitting on the poolside.

"hey, e! come over here, man!" i look over to where my name was called and see it was one of the guys by the firepit.

grayson looks at me, "hey, me and the guys are gonna go get drinks, okay?"

i nod my head and start walking towards my teammates with a smirk. wyatt reaches his hand out and we do a handshake then i greet the rest of my friends.

i look around at the familiar faces making room for me in their circle. the circle is filled with some of our best football players, wyatt, aaron, jackson, and chance.

chance passes the blunt to me and i shake my head, "nah bro, i'm good."

wyatt raises an eyebrow at me and chuckles while taking a sip of the alcohol, "oh come on, bro just take a hit. don't be a pussy."

i roll my eyes teasingly and put the blunt up to my lips and suck in a large amount. as i inhale i hear the guys cheering me on and clapping. i haven't smoked in a long time, i think it's been over a month.

i blew out the puff of smoke and clear my throat while passing it to jackson.

i see jack approach our group and he hands me a bottle of malibu.

he places the cold bottle in my hand and grins, "drink up, bitch."

i look at him with my eyebrows raised daringly and open the bottle then press it up against my lips. i chug the rum and i hear cameron and grayson, now screaming and cheering me on proudly.