Epilogue

5 Years Later

"Do you, Amira Marshall make it your life long duty to serve as the Luna Queen of the United States Ember pack?" The elder said, watching me with critical eyes. I gave him a large smile, too happy to allow the uncomfortable gaze stop me from accepting the honorable title as Queen of this amazing pack.

I gave Beau a quick glance, my smile broadening as he held our one year old son, Lamar, in his arms. I nodded to the elder. "Yes sir, I do." I said, pride swelling in my chest as he nodded, lifting my hand from the ancient holy text of the supernatural community.

"By the power vested in me by the council, I give Amira Marshall full reigning title as Luna Queen of the Ember pack." The Elder said, the crowd erupting in cheers as we shook hands. I bowed to the crowd, tears in my eyes as I watched the crowd of mixed civilians cheer me on. It had taken five years, but I was finally sworn in. I was finally officially the rightful Luna Queen and our son was now officially the full heir to the throne. It didn't get much better than this.

Five years ago, after the ending of the war we had rebuilt the damage done to the country. It was nearly a three year long job, but we got it done. During this time the people spent it grieving over the loss of the innocent lives. The loss of their warriors, but also the victory of their Luna. There was much to be celebrated as there was to be grieved.

I had led this country to a victory in war, a job never accomplished by a female. Let alone a human one. I had successfully taken down the enemy with a little less casualties than the enemy. Lives lost were still lives lost, but it was a victory to me.

Beau supported me in my plan to rebuild human housing and integrate them back in with supernatural. It wasn't something taken lightly, but eventually I convinced the council and the people to take my side in this and free the humans from slavery.

There were parties for weeks, putting a slight pause on reconstruction but also doing a great job in bringing the country closer together in such a destressing time after the war.

A few months after reconstruction, Beau had proposed to me. He stated that he didn't want to wait a moment longer for us to finally join hands in the human way I had always wanted. We were married on a beautiful spring afternoon in a small town just outside my home state of Minnesota. It was beautiful and everyone I knew attended. Even Victoria.

She was none too pleased about the fact that I shot her in the leg, but after explaining to her why I had to, she lessened her fury towards me. We spoke for a long time, talking about the life my soul had once lived with her, the life that I had left behind to be with Beau. She cried, we both cried actually and she forgave me. Victoria realized that I was sorry and how I was prevented from ever apologizing before these unfortunate events.

I introduced her to Layla and Alex. At first Layla and Victoria were jealous of one another. They gave each other dirty looks and called each other names on the low. It was quite entertaining for Alex and me, though they did not find their rivalry in any way funny. But eventually they come to love each other like sisters.

After our marriage, Beau and I travelled to a various different places we had met and on that trip we discovered I was pregnant. It was an exciting discovery, a discovery that made us realized we had to return home to where Messiah was running the country in our leave.

Lamar was born in the spring of the following year and celebrations lasted for weeks. We were filled with happiness, the family we had spent centuries waiting for was finally here. It was beautiful.

The voice no longer speaks to me. Nolan explained to me that it was a good thing. That it meant I had finally returned home. I agreed with him.

Now more than ever I agreed with him as I watched the happy face of the people cheer me on. As I held my child in one hand and the love of my life in my other. As I watched the proud eyes of my parents and the hopeful eyes of my little brother watch me on the stage. As my friends, cheered as loud as the crowd, the pride in their voices and eyes becoming overwhelming to me. I knew now more than ever that I had finally returned home.

The End

*******

And there is is folks! The ending of King. I cried a little writing this.

But it's over, much to my relief and disappointment. It was fun writing this, and I'm sure rewriting it will be even funner!

I'm going to try and focus on some other stories I want to write on wattpad. This is my first original so sorry if it's a lil crazy. But you guys liked it enough to get here so I'm not complaining.

Fill me in on any questions, comments or concerns you guys have! I'll keep you posted on the new story I'm working on as well!

Thank you! And farewell!