Four

For at least a month I was assigned delivery with Layla. We had fun together, laughing and poking fun at Hogarth. He got angry most times, but then he surprised us with keeping his hands off. Every day was as exciting as the last. Each day we got a new place to go.

I gazed out the window as we passed through a forest. Next to me Layla was singing Katy Perry songs she had heard when Hogarth turned the radio on once. "YOUR HOT AND YOUR COLD!" She sang loudly. I smile to myself from my friend's goofy behavior.

It was the end of the day and as always my tracker was buzzing. It flashed a bright yellow and I looked down at it. It was such a pretty color, but Hogarth said it should be no color other than a bright red. "Why is it yellow?" I ask. I looked up to see him looking at me.

"Means he doesn't have anyone that can see or smell you." He said. "Drive faster Angel!" He yelled at the driver.

I looked at Layla who was looking at Hogarth suspiciously. "Who is HE?" She asked. He looked at her in confusion.

"Who?" He asked. She narrowed her eyes.

"You said yellow means HE can't see Her." She pointed at me." Who is he?" She questioned. I poked her side.

"Layla, stop...." I say. She swats me off.

"No who is he?" She said. "Mira is practically family to me. She's my best friend. No way in hell am I going to sit here while some wolf guy watches her like some psycho maniac." She said. Hogarth growled.

"It would be in your best interest to shut your mouth." He growled.

"Why?" She challenged.

"Hess listening." He said. I shivered. "He's watching us too." He said, he gave her a pointed look." So, don't touch her." He warned.

"Touch." Layla said. I felt my nerves spike as I saw a dark figure sprint past the window.

"Layla please for once listen to Hogarth." I beg her. She looked at me, her eyes narrowed.

"You- "She screamed as the car was jolted to the side by a force that was not made by the man driving the car itself.

I held on to the seat, like kitten holding onto something when its wet. The car had swerved but it did not tip over at all. Another hit was served to the car and Layla started screaming apologies. "It isn't him." Hogarth gritted out. The car stopped moving and as I tittered to a holt I grabbed the seat. I looked at Kayla who was oddly being held by Hogarth. She looked afraid as he let go of her. He opened the door and looked at us. "Look after her Kayla, don't get out the car." He said. I looked at Kayla who frowned.

"Where the hell are we gonna go?" She asked, causing him to roll his eyes and get out the car. A moment later I am sure Angel got out as well.

I was still holding onto the seat as we sat there. Smiling at Layla, I spoke," What was that with you and Hogarth?" I teased, flinching slightly when I heard the growls outside. Her face became as red as her hair.

"Nothing I was just scared and you looked you were secured by that seat." She chuckled. I looked away in embarrassment, but I still did not let go.

A few moments later the car was hit again. We both screamed as the car was tossed to its side again and this time I felt like I got hit by something. I glass was everywhere and the car had stayed upside down. My head hurt. A lot. It was throbbing. I whimpered as I heard a loud growl. Through the window I could see that there was a fight going on. They circled each other and then one jumped at the other. There was a loud growl and snarls were thrown. I heard my name being whispered. I strained myself to look at Layla, she looked fine as she wiggled herself up next to me. "You don't look so good." She commented, causing me to groan. "At least you're not crushed she said assessing the bottom half of me.

There was one last final growl and a howl before Layla climbed out. I saw her legs jog over to three sets of wolf paws. "Wait!" I shouted, even though I knew I was late. There was another veracious growl before the wolf's paws shifted to wolf feet. I couldn't hear any other voices as I lied there. My ears were rigging loudly, my head pulsed and my vision was dying. I felt lifted and light and I panicked.

'Was this death?' I asked myself. Soon I drifted into a dark oblivion.

 (Like,Comment,Share. Please and thanks. )

(And please let me know in the comments how you feel about the characters so far.)