Thirty-Five

*Back to Back for you guys!*

When I woke again Beau's arm is wrapped tightly around me. The heaviness of the blanket on our bodies makes me piece together that we are back in our room.

'We need to work on this passing out bit you got going on.' The voice said patronizingly. I rub my face.

"You're tellin' me." I reply, massaging my temples as the sharp pains of a headache hit my head roughly. I groaned and tossed my arm to rest over my eyes. "Is your name really Gwen?" I asked the voice after a long pause in silence.

'What do you think?' She snapped and I sighed. If she was the hidden part of myself I'd much rather she stay that way. 'Rude.'

I didn't quite understand the use of her. Why was there a voice in my head? What was she guiding me to? What does this mean? Am I a fairy? My head throbbed with all this new information and I groaned again

'You can find all that out tomorrow love, now go to sleep. Your headache is mine.' Gwen instructed gruffly and I sighed.

It wasn't long before my head was buried in Beau's chest and I was snoring loudly. I dreamt of nothing that night, but I was well aware of the comforting sparks that wrapped around my body that reminded me Beau was still close by.

The next morning Beau was gone and the bed was cold, I wasted no time sulking about his absence though. I rolled out of bed, showered and then dashed down to the library. Gwen was silent as I walked in, surprised I even knew where it was.

"Oh see, Kathleen. Told 'ya she'd come here after last night." Nolan's voice drifted to my ears and I looked around to see him standing by desk. He smiled as Kathleen stood. We bowed to each other and I walked closer.

"How did you know I'd come here?" I asked curiously. Nolan smiled and shrugged.

"A hunch." He said and I took the reply." Now before you go searching for some books, I have an easier way of acquiring the information you desire." He said, motioning to Kathleen. She waved and sat down in a chair, watching me. I narrowed my eyes.

"How-"

"A hunch dear. Now Kathleen is the designated overseer to archive. She practically lives there reading." He said with a distasteful look on his face. "Nerd." Kathleen kicked his leg, making him chuckle. "She's your book. "He said, moving out the way." Now I am late for a very important meeting with your mate, so enjoy your lesson." He said, jogging out of the library. I looked at Kathleen." Oh hello Aida!" I heard Nolan say as the door opened again and in walked Aida.

"Couldn't miss the show." She said and sat down next to Kathleen. Kathleen smiled at her.

"Sit Mira." She urged and I sat. I waited patiently for her to begin her lesson.

"It's really simple. A long time ago the moon goddess decided to make the Fae to be the wisest, smartest, fastest, and most plentiful bunch of her five children. She gave the many gifts. Their wings to fly away from her dangerous children. Their blood to heal any and every living thing you could think of. Their magic, to bless the line that would be the witches and warlocks of the world." She said, nudging Aida. Aida smiled, sitting straighter as she swelled with pride. "We are special species. As time passed and her other children became jealous of our gifts she decided to bless us with obstacles to prove our wisdom, intelligence and speed.