Thirty-Nine

After receiving the simple but very clear message I immediately went to find Messiah who had settled down with his mate and kids for the night when I came. He initially was annoyed before he realized the seriousness of the message. He looked scared as he told his wife he'd be back later. We immediately went to work.

We divided the soldiers into three groups. One to train, one to rest, and one to keep guard. The group to train stayed up with us all night preparing and they were mostly the humans. The guards were set just outside of each entry pint to the kingdom and the ones who rested, well rested.

Messiah sent a message to all of the Alpha leaders, giving them a heads up to begin training harder. The supernatural leaders promised to be there with their soldiers by Tuesday evening so that our men could train together before the day of battle.

I went to make sure the bunkers were ready for the people. I had Beau moved down there as well, just so that it wouldn't be a task in the next few days. Alex and Harry had come to me asking me what was wrong when the medical staff and military had called on the two of them. I briefly explained the issue at hand.

"Oh well shit." Alex cursed, looking over the paper. Harry looked over his shoulder in concern and I bit my nails.

"I know, and we're hardly even ready." I said, thinking about how Asthenias and his rogues must have planned it this way. Take out the Alpha before giving a warning of time to scatter and rush us.

"What needs to be done?" Harry spoke up, taking Alex's hand. I looked at their interlocked fingers and sighed.

"Harry go to the training grounds, you may not be able to fight but they might need help getting gear ready for our human fighters." I ordered, referring to the weaponry and body protection they needed put together and accounted for. Harry nodded, turning Alex for a quick kiss before rushing off. Alex stared after him before turning back to me.

"What can I do?" He asked.

"Go to the infirmary, help there. After you've finished there I just need you to find Harry and stay safe." I said. He nodded, wrapping his arms around me.

"You're doing great. Beau would be proud." He said in my ear and I teared up.

"Go, get off of me. Your hot breath is all in my ear." I complained and he chuckled, breathing in my ear before letting me go. I giggled, watching as he ran away.

The next few days were like that. Training and rest, with the occasional visit to Beau. The supernatural leaders arrived on Tuesday as promised and they were thrown into the loop, sending groups of their soldiers to each of the Alpha lords.

I was exhausted, getting at least one hour of sleep each night. I tried to sleep longer, but with Beau in his current state and the pack facing soon attack my body was wanting to be alert.

On Thursday I felt semi satisfied with the flow of things. Messiah was overseeing most of the military things, Alex oversaw most of the issues with the infirmary, and I popped in on everything making sure things were alright. The trainers insisted I participated on some of the sessions and I did, finding it important as well. I felt like I wasn't doing much, but the voice chimed in with its now very far away and quiet voice told me otherwise.

"Don't put that there, put over that way." I instructed the men as they moved supplies. We were moving things around to be more accessible to them once battle began. I smiled once they set the crates down in the spot I found perfect. "Thank You so much. Go take a drink." I said and they bowed.

"Thank you Luna." One said and stopped in front of me. I smiled at him.

"You're welcome Hayden." I said, looking at my watch. It was nearly time for the soldiers to change shifts. Hayden still stood there, I looked up at him a bit uncomfortable by the deep stare he had me under.