The play (Pt.1)

5x5=10
5+5=4
I'm a very intelligent human being, you sad gays should be taking notes.
———————————————

Michael and I hung out all weekend, just like old times but gayer. We cuddled, and gave eachother smooches and stuff. I was paranoid for Monday, for many reasons.

Who has the corrupted SQUIP? Seriously, like, maybe Joe could've told us who it was instead of leaving us to fuck! Gosh, he was soooo helpful.

I feel very weird, making Jeremy insult Joe Iconis. Well, SQUIP Joe, anyway.

Michael was worried about hiding hickeys of all things, I mean, that was something to be anxious about. But I assured him that a turtleneck or something could help with that. So, when Monday arrived, I wore a blue turtleneck under my cardigan. Michele finally has his hoodie back.

We took the bus together, hand in hand, it felt weird being in the bus. Because I usually miss it, so I haven't been in here for like, years. I squeeze Michaels hand, glad that Michaels atleast at my side. We exchange shy smiles.

We walk into the hellhole cautiously, we're not really worried about people seeing us like this, we honestly couldn't give a fuck. What we were worried about, was the possibility that anyone at this thunder dome could have the corrupted SQUIP. It's really nerve-racking, when you think about it.

You've known nearly all these kids for your whole life, and there's a chance that one of them could become the villain in this story and try to take over the school, destroy civilisation, do anything. And they would have the help of such mindblowingly advanced technology with them! The only positive Michael and I could think was, that it wasn't Rich. Since he was in hospital.

Shit yeah, author forgot to make you guys aware that Michael and I learned about the fire. Yeah, it's terrible! And all people can think about is that he did it because he was gay! Like, seriously, what is wrong with humanity?!

I'm letting this slide because Bob Marley is telling me that every little thing is gonna be alright.
Gosh, I hope the fourth wall is okay.

We skip the details of going to periods,
Seriously, I had hope for the fourth wall. How dare you do this to it, what did it ever do to you?
And walk into Play rehearsal cautiously.

We run to the back stage, we're late.
We see Christine rushing 'Places everyone, break a leg!' Jake glared at her, distressed, sad and not with Rich. Oh shit yeah, 'cause he is in a hospital . . Wait, why isn't Jake in one himself? He has two casts on both of his legs and crutches, he shouldn't be here! 'Not funny.' He waddles off alone.

'Christine!' I run over, Michael following. Christine looked at me and beamed, 'Jeremy!' She looked to Michael and then to our hands, smiled and said 'Michael!'

She then turned back to me, 'Where have you been, Jeremy? It's so bad, Mr. Reyes made himself your understudy!' Michael replies, 'Christine we don't have time for this we-'

'Mr. Mell, you're right! We don't have time for small talk.' Mr. Reyes called, walking in, and looking to Christine 'Miss. Canigula! Props has whipped up a fresh beaker of Puck Pansy Serum.' He handed her a beaker, of yellow-green liquid. Christine looked at us in distress, 'I have to go, guys.' She ran off.

Mr. Reyes turned to us, and glared to me. 'Oh . . . Mr. Heere. I suppose you'll be . .' He looked down at a costume he had somehow put on, he looked at me again 'wanting your costume back.' Michael looks at me in distress, 'Wait, what was in that beaker?' I turned to answer him, but was cut off by Mr. Reyes clapping.

'Places for scene two, people! Remember, once Puck gives you the Pansy Serum you have to really sell that you're transforming into a zombie.' He looked to Chloe, and smiled 'Excellent work, Miss. Valentine.'

Michael glared at her, 'Excellent? But Chloe's terrible, she never remembers her-' while Michael speaks, I see Jenna rum into Mr. Reyes. 'Mr. Reyes, what's in the Pansy Serum?!' I walk forward, 'Yeah, I would like to know that too!'

'Oh, don't worry about the colour. It's perfectly non-toxic.' He murmured, 'We don't need a repeat of last year's Arsenic and Old Lace debacle. It's just plain old Mountain Dew! Also, Brooke Lohst put these wintergreen Tic-Tacs in the bottom.' Jenna, Michael and I gasp a big 'NO!' in unison.

I jump forward, gripping at Mr. Reyes' arm, 'Mr. Reyes, you can't let anyone drink from that beaker!' Mr. Reyes pushed me off, and dusted himself 'Don't he silly, it's more then safe, I should know!' His face formed into an innocent smile 'I tried it myself.'

I swear, I heard an
'Up Up, Down Down, Left Right, A' but I ignored it and turned to Michael. 'We have to get out there!' He paused, 'Wait, I have some Mountain Dew red in my bag. Fuck, it's in my locker! You guys go, I'll be back!' Michael said, running away. I turn to Jenna, and she nods in confusion.

'I can't let you do that.' Mr. Reyes said, holding my shoulder. Jenna shuffled back, 'You needy, pathetic' he lifted me up by my collar. Earning a squeak from me, 'self-centred students!' Jenna gasped, 'Jeremy!'

I close one of my eyes weakly, and hold his arm with my hands. Trying to shove him off, he's surprisingly strong. 'Do you think I wanted to teach high school drama? In New Jersey?!' He flings my body back and forth. He turned to Jenna, 'My SQUIP says I can go all the way to broadway!' He threw me away, making me crash into the wall. I yell in pain, but stay unnoticed as Mr. Reyes continues to speak 'I just have to stop you from ruining my big night!'

Jenna dodges his pitiful attack and ran over to me, 'Jeremy, are you okay?!' I groan and look at her, ignoring my pain I tell her 'Your SQUIPs gonna SQUIP the whole cast!' Jenna and I jump, suddenly seeing aUTHOR HOLY WHAT

IM SORRY GUYS I DUNNO WHO JENNAS SQUIP SO I PANICKED 😩😩😩

There stood an young man, short, brunette. And distressed as deck,
'That's just for starters!' He snapped his fingers, just to show how cool and old school he is. 'That's not what I wanted!' Jenna screamed.

'It's the ONLY way to achieve what you want.' The evil author that totally isn't an evil version of the actual author, loomed over Jenna like a predictor ready to pounce it's pray. Jenna gulped, looking at me. 'He's a computer, there has to be a way to turn him off!' I opened my mouth to protest, but I was cut off.

'I would stop there!' The author, stepping in front of me. And then he scoffed and crossed his arms, 'You don't want to end up like Rich. Or do I need to remind you?' The author spun around, yelling 'RICH SET A FIRE, AND HE BURNED DOWN THE HOUSE!'

'We have to stop him.' I said, Jenna nodded 'I agree, but Michael-' Jenna experienced a jolt and screamed, I jumped forward to hold her and I 'Jenna!' I somehow felt a shock hit me, and I fell back. The author got real close to my face, eyes nothing but bright eye bleeding blue.

'I am going to improve her life, Jeremy.' The author titled his head, smile wide and creepy 'And once I'm done with her, I will save every one. The pitiful children will be saved, and no one will waste their lives away because they'll finally be good enough for society.'

I gulp, and shuffle onto the stage. The line shined toward my direction with the author.
'With my help, people who are broken will be fixed! People with serious mental issues can have their problems erased, replaced, and improved. I can take away the flaws of everyone, and label them as what they are. Wonderful.'
He pushed me, and I fell back on my back as Jenna shouted my name in distress.
'Why are you trying to stop me? Why are you being so selfish, Jeremy? Stop trying, 'cause I will get to my goal. Even if I have to take over the entire student body to do it!'

The doors of the entrance to the room were opened, and out came