Patama 9: When a heartless got hurt

Edited and revised. Gusto kong maiyak.  (gusto lang hindi yun mangyayari)  Nagiba na  yung direction ng story.

---mon.

Patama 9: When a heartless got hurt

“One more drink!” I commanded the bar tender here at the bar. I just wanted to release all of my depression and the only thing that I could hold onto now is wine. I will watch my drink. I will never be drunk. Kahit gabi na ay sumasagi parin sa isip ko yung sinabi ni Tace—I mean yung lahat ng sinabi niya. This was the first time that someone lectured me like that about having some respect na natamaan ako. I hate it, but I am thinking that maybe it is the call for me to stop being a bad girl. Pero iniisip ko rin naman na dapat lang yun kay Mara and I'm just protecting my self.

I heard my phone's ringing. I saw unregistered number that was calling me, a lot of times.

“Who's this?” I answered.

“Carmella?” Oh, I'm Candice, duh! And I thought that there's only one person can call me that.

“Edward?”

“Where are you?” He sounded like worried but I don't care.

“Linsen Bar.”

“Saan banda?”

“Sa may bartender!”

“Can I go there, I'll accompany you?!” Ibinaba ko yung phone ko at naglagay ulit ng alak yung bartender.

“Hi Miss,” a guy, stood beside me while holding a glass of wine. “Can I join you?” he asked and I frowned. “Pakipot ka pa—” he held my legs and I felt a sudden heat on my face. I suddenly grabbed his hand and twist it on his back. Nakagawa ng commotion yung ginawa ko and the guy, saying ‘ouch’ while the others were watching on us.

“Hindi ako pakipot, panget ka lang talaga!” Tinulak ko siya tsaka uminom muli. Narinig ko tuloy sa loob ng ulo ko yung sinabi ni Tace. ‘Walang matinong lalaking gugustuhin ka sa inaasal mo’.

“Matapang ka ah!”

“Don't you dare touch her!” I looked at my back, and saw a familiar face pinning the guy who I twisted his hand. “You okay, Carmella?” tanong ni Edward. Nawala yung mga tao sa paligid ko because of Edward. Tinabihan lang niya ako. “Do you know that he was about to punch you? Tell me, what happened?”

“He held my legs and I twisted his arm.” I answered and ininom yung isang basong wine. “Ahhh! Wait, parang ang bilis mo ata?” tanong ko.

“I go here every night. And it's just happened that I called you when I was at the entrance,” he explained and got some wine as well. “Why are you drinking? Have a problem?” tanong niya.

“The problem is... myself. I don't understand my self!” Tila nahihilo na ako sa mga pinagsasabi ko. Tingin ko may tama na ako dahil iba iba na yung pinagsasabi ko.

“Carmella..,”

“My name's Candice. Not Carmella. That's the truth. I lied to you!” He was shocked. “Di ba, ang gulo ko! Yun yung problema ko. Are you a decent man, Edward?”

“What do you mean?”

“Matino ka bang lalaki? Ay oo nga pala. Playboy ka. Hayy... wala ba talagang magseseryoso saking lalaki dahil sa ugali ko? Bwisit na lalaking yun, kung ano ano ang pinagsasabi. Bwisit siya. Do you know that I am so disrespectful person? I mistreated my instructors that's why I was kicked out. And do you know, I felt abandoned by my mom and dad! Hayy... why am I saying this to you, play boy?!” I stood up, and stared to walk away from the bar. Edward followed me, at napapatapilok na ako sa daan because of drunkenness.