Chapter 10

Landon and I had a great day, we went into our town and had lunch at a cafe, he brought me shopping, and he took me out for ice cream.

Honestly, the perfect date. We held hands around the square, he gave me a piggy back ride in the park, and we kissed under the big oak tree. I loved Landon, I truly did. He treated me like a princess, we had a fairytale romance, something every girl has ever wanted.

Nate was texting me the entire day, asking me where I was, if I wanted to hang out, if I was mad at him, if I regretted what was happening between us...

Did I...

Of course I did. I loved Landon-

LOVED?

love Landon. There's no doubt in my mind. Nate and I just got caught up in the moment, that's all. You don't have to love someone to kiss them.

It was around 9 at night, I was in my room, and it was raining outside. And thunder.

Ever since I was a kid, I hated thunder. The loud crack and the flash of light terrified me, I would hide under the covers and my dad would rub my back, whispering securing words.

The wind was cracking branches off trees and howling, the thunder booming sending me under my blankets, to my childhood shelter. The tears stinging my eyes, my hands clamped to ears, blocking out everything. All I wanted was someone to hug me, to tell me everything was okay, and that the monsters wouldn't get me. I wanted my dad next to me, rubbing my back, telling me that everything will be okay. 

Then big arms were under me, wet as if they were out in the rain, hugging me. Embracing me. I look up into pale brown eyes. Nate. To my rescue. 

"Nate?" I whisper

"It's okay, Ace... It's okay..." he murmered back, rubbing small circles in my lower back

We layed there for a few minutes, until the storm rolled away, to the next town.

"How'd you know..." I whispered to Nate.

"I've known you for years," he kissed my forehead, I cringed. "I know you."

He was looking down at me, with such pity, like I was a child. I wasn't a child. I felt the need to prove to him I wasn't the little fourteen year old girl that had a huge crush on him. I was a woman now. So, I kissed him. Hard.

________________

I KNOW IT WAS REALLY SHORT BUT OMG WAIT TILL NEXT CHAPTER AAAAAHHHH

omg this probably wasn't satisfying and I am SORRY.

Buuuut it was a bit of a filler for the story sooo.. IT HAD TO BE DONE. (:

don't forget to tell me what you thought, questions criticism in my ASK BOX on tumblr! avenue-lights.tumblr.com/ask

PLEASE. I AM BEGGING. 

Thank you for 300 reads it means honestly SO SO much! Thank you.

Gabbyxx.(: