Chapter 6

________________________

This is Dedicated to Katie, because she not only put me as a CHARACTER in her story (which you should ALL check out!) she dedicated a chapter to me (: my first dedication EVER! Love you girl(:

_____________________

My mouth hung open.

"I'm sorry.. accident?" Landon, was the school's star athlete. He had multiple college scholarships riding on this team's season, an accident would ruin everything for him.

"Yeah.. a little bit. I had Joey drive me home after the party last night..."

"Joey. You had Joey drive you home?!" Joey was known for his partying. Not only was he a huge drinker, he was also quite a bit of a stoner.

"Yeah, that was my first mistake I guess. It's not that serious Ace, I swear. I'm just going to be on crutches for the next couple months. No biggie." No biggie? First of all, he told me he was going to a family party last night, not a huge Joey rager. 

"You said you were going somewhere with your family last night..."

"I was... for a bit."

"Landon!" I spitted out at him.

"I knew you wouldn't want me going! God why do you have to be so.."

"So what." I cut off.

"I don't know, controlling? Clingy? You pick." He shot right back.

"Clingy?!"

"Yeah, Ace, clingy. Would you stop acting like my mom for ONCE?"

"I never act like your mom!"

"Whatever, Ace. I gotta go. See you tomorrow." The line went dead.

His mom sure as hell doesn't make out with one of his best friends...

I so wasn't clingy either! I groaned and dragged myself out of bed, completely not ready to take on today.

I pulled a brush through my hair and grabbed my bath robe making my way out of my room and down the hall towards the bathroom.

If anything would make me feel better after all the stressful events of this weekend, it'd be a nice bubble bath. I ran the bath and added the soap, then let my clothes drop. I gently lowered myself in, taking in every second of my own bliss. 

You kissed your best friend.. and liked it. 

You're parenting your boyfriend.

I moaned and put my head under the water. I couldn't even be alone with my thoughts, without my own thoughts judging me.

"Some relaxation this was." I sighed, after only five minutes in my bath I got out and wrapped myself in a towel. I had to talk Nate, the flowers were beautiful and I had to thank him properly.

"Hey, Ace?" my dad called up. I opened the door and responded.

"Yeah dad?"

"I'm going out for the day, not too sure if I'll be back tonight, but for sure by tomorrow. Okay?"

"Yeah dad, it's okay." 

"Great sweetie, see you tomorrow morning! Be good! No parties!" I laughed, me? Party? As if. He knew I hated parties. And drinking.

"Won't be a problem, Dad." with that, I heard the front door slam and silence pound my ears. I went back to my room and grabbed my cell. Two texts, both from Nate.

6:18 A.M

ace, call me? we need to talk.

Only Nate would be up at 6 A.M. I opened up the second text;

8:47

please tell me you're not ignoring me, just call me wouldya?

I smiled at the impatient texts, he's always been that way, gets annoying sometimes, other times it's really cute.

Shit, I just described my best friend as cute.

I mean, it wasn't a romantic adjective.. I'm probably just overreacting about everything. Like I always do. I quickly dialed his number, a number I've dialed hundreds of times.

"Hey, Ace?"

"Well, duh it's me, you got caller ID." I joked.

"Not the time for your little puns, Ace." he said seriously.

"Okay, what's wrong, Nate?"

"I feel terrible about yesterday.." I rolled my eyes, I was trying my hardest to forget about yesterday's events, it didn't help that he kept reminding me.

"Just, forget about it Nate." He sighed into the line.

"Okay, I'm glad you aren't mad or anything." he paused. "Whatchya doin today?"

"Nothing, my dad skipped out for the night, I got the house to myself."

"Oh... so Landon's coming over then, huh?" he sounded disappointed.

"No, we had a sort of.. fight. Sort of."

"I'm so sorry, Ace. I'll be right over."

"No, Nate it's really okay-" and the line went dead. I'd be seeing him soon, meaning I'd have to get dressed.

I dropped the towel and opened up my closet. Normally, I would just wear yoga pants or something.

But I was actually excited to see Nate, today. I went through my closet, eventually deciding on a beaded tank top and a pair of skinny jeans that hugged my slender body. I ran a comb through my tight brown curls, I've always loved my curls. While most girls desired straight hair, I was perfectly content with my voluminous spirals.  I put on a bit of blue eyeliner and a dash of light eyeshadow that perfectly highlighted my gray eyes. I smiled at my reflection, feeling accomplished with my looks, then sighed and wondered why I suddenly cared so much about how I looked in front of Nate.

____________________________

Ahw(: 

hmmm why you gettin so worked up, Ace? 

I swear, I'm hating her more and more with every chapter...

(is that bad...)

VERY excited, thank you ALL for voting. I appreciate it soo much, and it gives me a reason to keep writing this story (':

I'm still getting messages on tumblr saying "Team Nace" and every time I get one, I can't help but smile. You shipping my characters won't ever get old ugh thanks so much<3

Leave your comments below and tell me what you think about all this(:

BYE!

xxxxGabbyxxxx