Chapter 12

I literally have no excuse for not uploading other than laziness so...

__________________________________________________________________

"Nate, I'm really sorry. Just call me back. Please. We gotta talk about this..." I chewed at my lip and hung up. I've been calling Nate for days, and if I saw him in school he wouldn't even look at me.

I love Nate, he's my best friend. I need my best friend.

On the other end, I've been ignoring Landon.

Last time we hung out things got... weird. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were just hanging out at his house, he was doing homework and I was studying my history, he was letting me stay over since I was getting really uncomfortable staying home alone. I was worried about my dad.. and where he was.. and what he was doing...

My dad disappeared a lot ever since my mom died, I have no idea where he goes, but when he comes back he's disoriented and even more depressed than when he left. Nate understood that... I told Landon that my dad was just on a business trip and he has to stay a few extra days for meetings. It was hard telling Landon things sometimes, he never really understood them. Not like Nate does, at least.

"Something wrong?" Landon leaned over and rubbed my back with his thumb. 

"No, I'm fine." He wouldn't stop looking at me. "Landon, I said I'm fine. Leave it."

"Ace, come on." He got closer to me and put his arms around me. I pushed out of his arms, but he kept getting closer to me. Next thing I know my arms are pinned above my head and hes kissing my neck.

"GET OFF LANDON." I kicked him, but all he did was laugh. He started kissing down my neck to the zipper of my sweatshirt, taking it off as he made his way down. I kicked and yelled, but he wouldn't stop.

"Where's that Ace that was on the couch the other week, hmm?"

"I'm not in the mood, alright?! So get the hell off me!" he looked at me, his eyes weren't the same. They weren't warm. They were cold. 

I pushed him off me, zipped up my sweatshirt and grabbed my backpack. I left without another word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't want to talk to him, I didn't even want to look at him. He disgusted me. 

Actually, I have to admit that I was disgusted that anyone other than Nate touched me like that...

I dialed Nate again, "the last time" I promised myself. It rang four times, when Nate answered.

"Ace, I don't really want to talk right now, not to you."

That hurt.

"Nate, please. I need to talk to you. It's about Landon." I heard his breath catch on the other line.

"Ace," he snarled "I'm not your psychiatrist for you to tell me all of your couple problems. I don't want to hear them."

"Nate... I...I don't.."

"What, Ace?"

"I love you, Nate."

"Yeah as a friend, I get it. You don't  need to say it."

"No... I mean..." I stopped myself.

There was a pause.

"Did your dad come home yet?" I didn't answer. "Do you need me to come over, Ace?"

"Yeah."

"Fine." He hung up the line, and I felt that weight lift off my shoulders. Nate was finally coming over again. But all of a sudden, I was getting butterflies. For my best friend?

Maybe he was more than that for me.

____________________________________________________________

Sorry if it's sorta kinda short, it's just about summer for me though! So I'll (most likely) post more often?

We'll see I guess.

Gabbyxx.