Chapter 7

I ran down the stairs, making sure to stop in front of the mirror by the door to make sure I looked alright, and went towards the kitchen. I grabbed the eggs out of the fridge and started to oil the pan when I heard the doorbell ring. My heart skipped a beat and my palms started getting all sweaty.

God, chill out, Ace.

I shook my head and went to answer the door, sure enough, it was Nate. He gave me a sympathetic smile and brought me into one of his famous bear hugs. I snuggled my face in his sweatshirt, taking in his familiar spicy scent.

"You doing alright, Ace?" he whispered as he rubbed small circles in my back.

"Yeah," I muffled into his chest, he squeezed me one more time then released me and walked in, closing the door behind him. He grabbed my hand and lead me to the kitchen.

"Mmm, making me breakfast I see..." He said rubbing his hands together.

"Yeah, you wish" I said laughing.

"...You'll be a terrible wife someday." he mumbled playfully shooting me a brilliant smile.

"You'll be a terrible husband someday."

"Was that supposed to offend me?"

"Yup."

He snorted and opened up my fridge, taking out the orange juice carton and swallowing a large gulp.

"Get a cup, wouldya?" I grumbled under my breath. I cracked the egg into the pan "Over easy okay?" 

"Fine and dandy." He said and took another swig of the orange juice. I glared at him and he shook the orange juice at me. "You want some?" he asked innocently. I gave him a sneer and popped some bread in the toaster.

"What was the fight about?" Nate asked quietly.

"He went to Joey's party last night!" I replied, shaking my head.

"Oh man, he's so lucky! I heard that was a wicked cool party!" I shot him the dirtiest look I could manage and he squirmed.

"Yeah, well, for all I know he hooked up with some stupid girl or took some pills or-"

"Ace. Come on." he said faintly, taking me into his arms. I willingly tore away from the eggs and put my head against his chest. Being in his arms felt like home, it was familiar, it was safe. I tilted my head and peered up at him, and he was gazing straight into my eyes. I could easily get lost in his eyes, chocolaty warm with a hint of soft caramel around the edges. He moved one of my loose curls behind my ears, and I could feel my face changing to a deep shade of red.

Then it all happened so fast.

He softly kissed my lips at first, taking my face in his hands gently while I wrapped my hands into his hair, slightly tugging at his strands. His lips started going faster, my own struggling to keep up with his. His tongue trailing my lips, yearning for access which I gave willingly. His tongue desperately trying to gain dominance over mine...

RING

We broke apart instantaneously, panting I jogged to the answer the door, trying to piece together what just happened in my kitchen. I opened up the front door and felt immediately guilty to the image of my boyfriend standing on my stoop with flowers in hand, the same flowers Nate had gotten me a few hours earlier.

"I'm sorry, Ace..."

_______________________________

WELL DAMN. THAT WAS INTENSE.

Keep your tongues to yourself guys sheesh.

Just make your breakfast without the sexual tension, dear god.

And Landon, way to break up a romantic scene. You homewrecker..

Oh wait.. that's Nate..

My bad.

Thank you to everyong voting and fanning, means sooo much<3 I posted this early because I wanted to surprise you guys (': I know it's short but I ain't even mad (;

I LOVE YOU ALL OKAY. <3

BYE!

xxxxGabbyxxxx