Chapter 5

Nate's lips moved hungrily with mine, his tongue slowly tracing my lip straining for entry. He wrapped his arms around my waist, his hand going to the small of my back pulling me closer to him. I willingly folded myself in him, twisting my arms around his neck, playing with his hair.

Then it  hit me.

My eyes widened and I pushed him off of me. He stared back at me, shaking his head apologetically. I put my face in my hands, how could I do that...

"Ace.. that was.. it was all me.. okay? We don't have to tell Landon, I won't. I'm so sorry, Ace.. that's not why I brought you here." He stepped towards me for a hug, but I backed up into the wall of the elevator. He pursed his lips and scratched the back of his neck.

"Nate, it wasn't just your fault.. I kissed you back..." I couldn't believe myself. I was happy with my relationship with Landon. The idea of having a romantic relationship with Nate is something I gave up years ago..

Yeah. I had a stupid crush on Nate when we were 14.

He didn't like me back at the time, I asked him, begged him even, to give us a chance. But he didn't want to ruin our friendship. Well, look what he's just gone and done now.

But.. I kissed him back... 

I looked up at him, tears welling up in my eyes. 

"Ace, come here. I'm sorry, you know I wouldn't do that to you. I just got caught up, I mean it is pretty romantic up here and shit... I mean and you're a beautiful girl. Who wouldn't want to kiss you.." he babbled on and on and I just smiled at him. He's such a dork sometimes, I swear. I let myself fall into his hug, while he whispered apologies into my ear. The elevator jerked forward and we continued down the arch, back to the ground.

~~~~

The rest of the day wasn't awkward at all. We had a nice dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant, he took me out for ice cream, and I dragged him shopping at the mall. All in all, it was a pretty great day.

We didn't mention the kiss the entire day. I shoved the thought of bringing it up into the darkest corner of my mind, and I think I can safely say that Nate was doing the same thing.

"You don't regret the kiss."

My internal voice was so annoying sometimes. And true...

Yeah, alright I guess I didn't regret it in some aspects. I regret that I kissed him back while I'm dating Landon, as anyone with a conscience should, but I don't regret the kiss. I liked it, to be completely honest. It was just as I imagined it when I was 14...

What. Am. I. Doing.

I'm a terrible person. I should hate myself for kissing him back, but I enjoyed it. I enjoyed every second of it.

"Ace? You awake?" I heard my dad's voice coming from outside my door. I must've fell asleep right when I got dropped off by Nate last night, I was still in my clothes.

"Yeah, Dad, come on in." I said, sitting up on my bed. I glanced at my clock, 12:25. Not bad, Nate hadn't come and woken me up though.. strange. My dad opened the door hesitantly, poking his head in to check if I was decent, then strolled through, carrying a bouquet of lily's.

"These were left for you on the doorstep, and DON'T WORRY. I didn't read a single thing.." he winked at me and I cracked up. I took the lilies, the aroma filling my nose. Beautiful flowers, my favorite. I read the note:

"Ace,

I'm sorry about yesterday, I still think of you as my sister. Nothing will change that, even my stupid hormones acting up.

-Nate"

Hormones. He's gonna blame this on hormones. Yeah, okay. I looked up at my dad, who was trying to hold back a smile.

"Hormones?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. I pushed his shoulder and laughed with him. "Something... interesting happen last night, Ace?" 

"NOOO!" I exclaimed.

"So you mean, I won't be a grandfather soon?" I shook my head, and he exhaled a dramatic sigh "Whew, thank god I don't have to have that sex talk with you again." I nodded with agreement, my life was awkward enough, sex talk with dad? I think I'll pass.

"Oh, Landon called the house this morning." He said, standing up.

"Really? What'd he want?"

"He asked for your hand in marriage, of course." He said with nonchalance, I smiled at him. "He just wanted to talk to you about something, sounded serious though, I'd call him up soon. The kid was all shaken up about something."

I froze.

Did he find out. Did Nate tell him...

Would Nate do that?

"Thanks, Dad." I said, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. He smiled at me.

"Sure thing sweet pea, Chinese for dinner alright?" I shrugged and nodded, and he gave me a thumbs up and shut my door behind him. I grabbed my cellphone and quickly dialed Landon's number. He answered on the first ring.

"Hello?" he asked, a little anxiously I might add.

"Hey, Landon, it's me."

"Oh, Ace. Thank god it's you.."

"What's wrong Landon?"

"I got in an accident last night.."

____________________

Well, woooow.

That was some kiss wasn't it, Ace?

Ya little slutbag.

Juuuustt kidding... (not really.)

Anyways! WOW. 100 READS. OKAY OFFICIALLY DYING.

And some of you have started SHIPPING MY CHARACTERS. I haven't seen a Landon and Ace ship, but I've seen a whole bunch of this "Nace" stuff <3 AHHHH! 

Yeah, I like Nate. He's a funny guy, not gonna lie. So yeah, I'm not posting the next chapter until I get to 150 reads because I'm feeling EXTRA bitchy today (;

ALRIGHT BYYYEE<3

xxxxGabbyxxxx