I felt a deep pit of pain and fear and I wasn't sure where it was suddenly coming from.

Did my wolf really fear this women that much?

I tried to shrug off the feeling that something was wrong, focusing all of my attention on killing this wolf and got ready to attack again.

Emerald's pov

The sudden fear of this unimaginable reality struck me hard and suddenly it all made sense.

In the slight hesitation of the moment I managed to let out a blood curdling scream as my fright shattered from the pumping cage it was locked in.

I refused to let myself slip into a paralyzed state of shock and to let this sudden beast hurt me more then I've already been hurt. But I wasn't fast enough because he strikes within the speedy seconds, clamping his paws down on my lips, cutting off my ability to scream any louder.

I trashed within the few spare meters of the boat despite his lowering left paw that was scratching lines on my waist.

"Im sorry," he whispered into my ear, tracing cirlces on my neck with his fangs.

I felt the blood trickle slowly down my neck and I was careful to stay frozen.

"Wait, why? Wh-why are you doing this?"

"It's easier to just kill you then to explain first and then kill you. I might chicken out."

"Wait! Please! Wai-"

His fangs dug to the side of my neck but before they were deep enough to kill me, the boat flipped over, dropping us both into water.

He was fully wolf now, swimming to where I was. I put my legs into action and kicked as hard as I can, swimming away from him.

His claws grabbed my feet, pulling me back to where he was and scratching my leg, exposing the not yet fully heeled cut that the other rogue had created.

I screamed out loud as the wolf ducked my head under water as an attempt to drown me.

As hard as I moved my legs and arms, it was no match to its massive strength. I was becoming more exhausted by the second as i fought for my life.  I soon became too tired to move but I knew I couldn't give up.

The wolf ducked my head under wanted once again, but this time I couldn't resurface. I remained under there, holding my breath for as long as I can but I was slowly running out.

I opened my eyes and caught sight of the now bloody water.

They began to sting so I quickly closed them.

I tried to kick my legs but they didn't move. It's like they couldn't work anymore. I was just too tired.

It felt like each leg weight two hundred pounds.

I was slowly giving in to the spinning of my head and jace's paws didn't have to work so hard anymore to keep me under water.

I felt like I was three times the size I was and was slowly drowning.

Suddenly, I felt a strike against my shoulders, but not physically.

It was more verbal.

But I was too tired to move. Instead, I had no choice but to ignore it and let myself drown against my will.

With the few seconds to spare, i thought of blade, and how stupid I was to not listen to him.

He warned me, minutes before I got here that Jace was bad news.

I remembered the scars and how he came here with no family.

Was he lying about everything?

Probably, but out of all the people, why did he choose me to want to kill?