Chapter 29

Read the entire book and book 2 now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/One-Mate-Rejection-Part-ebook/dp/B0CLN43PXK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=19OZ39WZMH5FG&keywords=Nadine+alliye&qid=1700199100&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-2

Updates twice a week, enjoy!

CHAPTER 29

The moment my foot hit the hard ground of our living room, hundreds of thousands of thoughts where pulsing through me faster then the speed of light. It wasn't so much that Diana was there as much as it was the expression on my mom's face.

She was shocked.

That was the only was to really describe it. She was shocked to the point of fear and she looked terrified as if her world was crashing down.

"What's going on?" I managed to choke out,"What are you doing here?"

Diana stood up and smiled gently at me," I better go-"

"Wait!" I snapped as she tried to walk around me," What did you tell her?!"

But she managed to step around me and exit the house, slamming the door hurriedly behind her.

My legs planted to the floor beneath me and I found myself stable, unable to move.

"Mom-?"

"Where were you?" she asked, her voice surprisingly calm.

"I-I was attacked on my way home last night. A friend took me home and fixed me up."

"A friend huh? The same friend you stayed with for a whole day at the hospital without telling us?"

"uhh-"

"The same friend you go see at night when you're supposed to be asleep?"

"Mom, what did Diana tell you?"

"So you know her? Your friend and her were really close."

"Mom, please!" I begged," Just spit it out!"

"There was never an alcohol addiction, was there?"

"Why would you say that?"

"Because now I know the truth Emerald, and I understand why you had to lie."

Tears began to blur my vision," I'm sorry, I tried to ignore fate. I tried to walk away but I couldn't. Not if I wanted to keep my wolf."

"You know, it explains so much. Why Blade Russell was so protective of you that day you fainted. Why he saved you from that rouge that attacked you at school. Why you've been so tired lately and so unhealthy looking and why you sneak out at night."

I looked away from her disappointed green eyes. I couldn't bare the sadness in them.

"Most of all it explains why Blade left the meeting last night only ten minutes after you left. He left to make sure you get home safely. Who else knows your mate is an enemy?"

"Jason," I said," he found out."

"That's why you guys haven't been talking to each other?"

"Yes," I said, unable to speak any longer.

"Who else knows?"

"Jared and Lisa."

"And Diana," she said.

"Yes."

"I'm not mad at you Emerald," she stirred to that she can look at me," It's not your fault. You cant help it."