chapter 24

Read the entire book and book 2 now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/One-Mate-Rejection-Part-ebook/dp/B0CLN43PXK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=19OZ39WZMH5FG&keywords=Nadine+alliye&qid=1700199100&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-2

Updates twice a week, enjoy!

Chapter 24  

After a long night filled with no sleep, it was finally Saturday and I realized Mom and dad were coming home tonight.

  Relief filled the inside of my body and later portrayed on my face. I was tired of doing the chores for the past week despite the fact that it was just me in the house and I was anxious for their arrival.    Also, I was excited to see what they had gotten me. Not that I had high expectations or anything.    Another reason I couldn't wait for their arrival was the fact that I hadn't eaten a proper home cooked meal in days!  My attempt with the BBQ didn't go so well and let's just say we're now short two cooking spatulas and a whole bag of coal.   And a whole patch of grass on our lawn that is now either ashes or a crispy brown.    Thinking this much about it, I realized I really missed my parents.    The rest of the day I spent thinking about the meeting in Blades backyard that had both of the alpha's in this town.    They're absolute enemies to the point where they can't even sit in a room together for thirty minutes. So what would they be doing attending each others  meetings like pack members. 

I couldn't get the subject out of my head for the whole day. Another thing poking into my brain was Blade's behavior.
He'd been so strange the night we met, and he suddenly disappeared for a whole week. 
I realized that I was becoming obsessed with his presence, the knowledge of doings and everything else about him. 
It was exciting me in a way that was also frightening. 
Mom and dad arrive earlier than they planned at eight o'clock.
"Mom! Dad!" I yelled as they unlocked the door. They only managed to drop their bags before I tackled them both. 
"I miss you guys so much!" I yelled, jumping up and down.
Mom was laughing but dad was complaining about his back. 
I pulled back and was immediately attacked with," What did you  break?"
"Nothing! What did you get me!"
"First of all," they both sat down and unzipped their luggage," look at what we got ourselves!"
Dad pulled out a full body apron with a guys body on it from neck to toe. He was wearing only underwear and was bulking with muscles.
"Wow dad, looks like you a lot," I muttered sarcastically."
Mom pulled out hers which was also a full body apron with a bikini models body on it. 
"Gorgeous mom," I muttered. 

"Don't you love them! We've been wanting them for years but you and Jason were too young, it would have been inappropriate."
"It's fine now?" I laughed out loud. 
"Yes it is!" they answered together. 
"So what did you get me?" I asked. 
"Is that the only reason you were excited to see us?"
"Of course not, I burned dad's BBQ, that's why, anyways where is my gift?"
"What?" boomed dad.
"I'm kidding, I'm kidding," I lied.
"You almost gave  me a heart attack."
Sh*t, I thought. 
"So where's my gift?" 
Mom threw a huge box into my lap.
"This is so big! But it's so light! Is it empty?"
"Just open it."
I open the box, only to be met with another box, a bit smaller.
I opened that one, only to be met with another one.
"Seriously guys?" 
"Just keep going!" 
I kept on opening the boxes and I was getting more excited after each one.
Finally, fifteen or sixteen boxes later, I was met with the most beautiful peacock iPhone case.
"So?" mom studied my face. 
"I was expecting a diamond, but..." 
"Emerald!" 
"I'm joking! Thank you! I love it!" 
"You better! We got Amanda a matching one."
"What!" I snapped," Seriously! Why?" 
"So what did you cook for us?"
"Give me a second."
I ran into the kitchen and threw the cold pizza into the microwave. After a couple of minutes, I placed it on the dining table and yelled," dinners done!"
Mom rolled her eyes when she saw the food but ate it nevertheless.