23

I don't realize I fell asleep until I wake up. It's still dark, and I can tell from the darkness that it's nowhere near day. What woke me up? I ask myself, rolling over. I'm about to grab my phone when my door opens. I close my eyes, listening to the culprit walk closer to my bed. I sneak a peek to see the person crouch by my bed and grab my phone. The screen light shows... Navaeh?

I reach out and grab her shoulder, causing her to jump and look at me, terrified.

"Why do you have my phone?" I ask, trying to sound annoyed but coming out more as tired. She looks at my phone before looking at me. She sets my phone down and stands up quickly, backing up.

"This isn't my room!" She says in a fake surprised voice. She runs out of my room, closing the door behind her. I grab my phone and tuck it under my pillow. She's not going to get whatever she's looking for.

*Time Skip*

After getting maybe another hour of sleep, my alarm finally goes off. I sit up groggily, rubbing my eyes as I turn my alarm off. I stretch and stand up, falling right back down. I stand up again, huffing. I check my phone to see a couple messages and missed calls from Gee. Hm. Maybe he needed to talk? I call him, and after the third ring, he picks up.

"Hey!" He chirps, and I smile slightly. I miss him so much.

"Hey, did you need to talk?" I ask, looking around my room. I go through my dresser, pulling out a hoodie I took from Gee, a shirt, and some skinny jeans.

"Oh, yeah! I wanted to ask you a question." I set my phone down and put it on speaker.

"Ask away," I take my shirt off, putting the new one. There's silence for a moment.

"Am I on speaker?" He asks. I giggle, fixing my shirt.

"Yeah, I'm changing my clothes," I tell him. I hear a sigh.

"Now I wish I was there," he mumbles. My face heats up, and I hesitate to take my pants off.

"Just ask the question Gerard!" I squeak. He chuckles.

"Fine, fine. When I come to get you, can I come in a couple weeks earlier? I don't want to wait that long," I can hear the pout in his voice. I roll my eyes as I change my pants.

"Fine, you can come in a little earlier," I tell him, buttoning the pants. He cheers, and I laugh.

"When though?" He asks. I think back. When does semester end?

"Well, I think semester ends around Christmas? You can pick me up two weeks before then," I tell him. He groans loudly, and I hear Frank yell at him to shut up.

"Christmas? That's months away," he whines. I snort as I slip on the hoodie.

"Yep. Now, hun, I gotta go. I got school stuff to do. I'll talk later, alright?" I tell him. I can hear him huff as I say that.

"Fine. Text me later, alright?"

"Alright. Bye."