Part 7

Gerard turns to look at me, smiling. "Well, since we're here, tell me about yourself," he says, gesturing to me. I turn to face him, getting uncomfortable.
"Well, I can, but I'm warning you, there's nothing good." He nods for me to continue. I take a deep breath and start to ramble.
"Well, when I was born, Ryan was six, so there wasn't a too big of an age gap, so my parents hoped we'd get along. Luckily enough, we were inseparable. She took me everywhere, and my parents loved it.
When I was three, my parents started traveling for work purposes. Our aunt was supposed to watch us, but she was an alcoholic with too many cats. So, Ryan learned quickly how to raise me. She always kept the place clean, and our aunt would wash clothes and buy food for us every week."
"They were gone for two years, then they came back and stayed for maybe a month, before leaving again. When I hit ten, we got the news that the plane my parents were on had crashed. They.. they didn't survive." I pause, wiping my tears away. When did I start crying? Gerard pats my knee and I smile at him before continuing.
"Our house was, surprisingly, in my grandma's name. She paid for everything. I don't think she ever heard that they passed. Anywho, we practically raised ourselves. Ryan had already started working on her YouTube channel, plus had a job, so she was set. I... I don't remember much around the ages of fourteen and fifteen, but something happened. Ryan doesn't speak of those times. It worries me sometimes." I shake my head furiously, trying to shake the thought away. I smile at Gerard, who had moved back a bit.
"Anyway, I got enough money, and when I hit sixteen, I met Rachel, Tobi, and Emily. Rachel happily took me under her wing, and we saved money together for a cheap house. Tobi had introduced me to a few new and upcoming bands, one mysteriously called My Chemical Romance. I didn't like them at first, but it grew on me. Then I saw the lead singer and just," I sigh heavily, and he chuckles. I smile.
"I hit eighteen, and Rachel and I moved in together. Tobi proposed to Emily, and when they got married, they got a house near us. I took a break from school, and now I'm starting college this year. Ryan stopped talking to me, and it honestly upset me to no end. She was the one person who supported me to the end of the world, and she just... Left. I just started talking to her again today," I tell him, and it surprises him.
"Why did she ignore you for how many years?" He asks, confused. I sigh.
"She stopped talking to me for three years because I didn't approve of her boyfriend," I respond, upset. He leans forward slightly.
"Seriously?" He asks, annoyed. I nod. He huffs.
"You probably had a reason for disliking him," he mumbles. I stay silent for a moment.
"He flirted with other girls. He tried flirting with me, Rachel, and even Emily, who was a few months from getting married," I tell him, unable to look at him. He sets a hand on my thigh, and I look up. He looks furious.
"You want me to chop his dick off?" I laugh, before realizing he's serious. I shake my head, still smiling.
"Don't worry, it's not a big deal anymore," I tell him, waving my hand at him. "Anyway, tell me about your life."

After he told me about his life (honestly, I don't know it :/), we walked around and got ice cream. We joked around and laughed.
"So," he says, starting an unavoidable topic, "The band is leaving in the next couple of days. We were wondering if you wanted to come along?" He asks, grinning happily. I sigh and smile at him.
"Listen, I would love to, but I can't." His smile vanishes. "I have college, and I want to try it and see if it's good or not." He sighs heavily.
"Alright. That's fine. I get it."
"Here, what about, if I don't like college after a semester, I'll join you guys. Is that alright with you?" His eyebrows furrow.
"But we'll be across the country," he complains. I giggle.
"It'll be alright, I'll buy a plane ticket!" His breath hitches.
"No, I'll come get you." I raise an eyebrow.
"Really?" He nods. "Well, alright then! Thank you!"

~~~~
Sorry this chapter is kinda weird. I just wanted some backstory