18

You can skip this chapter. It is only to introduce a new character. It has no use in the story plot.

*Time Skip (like, a day)*

"RAAACCHHHHEELLL. SOMEONE'S KNOCKIIIIING," I yell, looking away from the TV.

"ANSWER IT YA DAMN SELF," She responds from the kitchen. I groan and get up, trudging to the door. I open it to see a girl my age.

Her platinum blonde hair is pulled back in a high ponytail, a few strands out of the ponytail framing her face. Her stormy grey eyes are looking around the doorway nervously. She has on a black dress shirt with a high white collar, grey spider leggings, and black boots. She has a single lip piercing. She looks at me, and smiles slightly. She seems as if she doesn't know what to say.

"I, uh, my, er.... Can I use your phone?" She asks, wringing her hands together. I pat my pockets, pulling out my phone.

"Here," I smile, holding out my phone. She sighs and thanks me, sitting down on the front step. "You can come in if you need," I offer, noticing the upcoming rain. She looks at me and smiles gratefully, stumbling inside.

She calls someone as I close the door behind her. I sit down on the couch as she paces.

"Hey, Adrienne. I, uh, need your help." Pause. "Well, no, but-" Pause. Her face scrunches up. "Adrienne, please, baby. I just-" Pause. "Let me speak!" Her voice becomes shrill, before she takes a deep breath and continues. "I just need a couple dollars for gas. I know that-" She stops pacing, and I hear the man yelling on the other end.

"Baby, please! I can't-" Click. She slowly pulls the phone from her ear, handing it over. She seems frozen. She hugs herself, looking around.

"Well, thank you for your time. I'll be going now," she says quietly, walking to the door.

"Hey." The girl and I both look over to see Rachel leaning against the kitchen doorway. "Why don't you stay here for a couple nights? You don't have any money, and (Y/n) here is leaving soon for college. I need a friend, you need a place to stay." The girl looks around, messing with the nape of her neck.

"Well, I guess. Um, my name's Jenna," she smiles, holding her other hand out. Rachel smiles and takes it.

"Rachel. You listen to MCR?" Jenna tilts her head.

"MCR? Isn't that the band who sings Mama?" She asks dumbly. Rachel tsks.

"It's time for you to learn about a little thing called the emo trinity."