Chapter 6 Love you, Forever and always

christine found herself running on all fours. She was running so fast she thought her heart would explode and her lungs felt like fire. No matter how much it hurt, it felt like she wasn't going fast enough.

   "Come on, faster!"

she pushed herself to her limit, there were trees on both sides of her on a well worn path. "Please, gods, don't let it be too late!" she gritted her teeth getting a second wind. She began blazing down the path and came to a village. She climed to the rooftops to get a better look and saw smoke in the center of the village.

"I can make it" She rushed toward it and leaped onto a nearby rooftop close to the smoke to find Po down below holding Tai Lung by the Wuxi Finger Hold. "NO, NO STOP !" she shouted in horror as she lunged forward.

"NO!" christine shrieked as she bolted upright. She was in a cold sweat as she sat in her cage alone; heart pounding and panting heavily. She curled her legs up to her chest, rested her head on her knees and started sobbing. It had been some time since she had this nightmare.Each time it broke her. "I miss you.. so much" she choked between sobs.

"I miss you too" a voice replies in the dark.

She snapped her head up and her eyes went wide.There the ghostly image of Tai Lung stood in front of her. "T,Tai?" she sniffs, tears running down her face. She tried to smile but it wasn't exactly a smile, It looked more like she was in pain than happy to see him. Kneeling, he cupped her face into his hands, then carefully wiped her tears away, and kissed her forehead. He smiled "Been a long time since I've seen you cry" he said in a soft voice. She let out a shaky breath "Yes, it has " She had calmed down a little but tears still poured out.

Tai Lung wiped every one away with care. "Shhhh. Don't cry" he soothed  engulfing her in a large hug as she rested her head on his shoulder.  They stayed like that until she had fully calmed down and was breathing normally again. "Remember what Master Oogway said?" he questioned.

"About what?" She asks looking up at him. "The affairs of the heart" He spoke. "He said it was a complicated road with many twists and turns.". she nods"I remember". She had gone to Oogway a week and a half after Tai Lung had been taken to Chore-Ghom Prison to seek his advice.

" ' When dealing with the affairs of the heart' Oogway had said, 'do not think with your head, think with your heart. It will tell you when it is time to move on.' "

She pulled away from him. "So, are you saying....? ". He smiled."You'll be fine" he smiled. "I'll always be with you in your memories, lian and, " He put his paw over her heart " in here.". She held it with tears forming in her eyes again. "You won't get jealous if I find someone else?" she asked a little coyly. He smiled and cupped her face in his large paws. "As long as you're happy, I'm happy."

She smiled as he touched her forehead to his.

Tai Lung stood up and looked at her with longing in his eyes. "Be the strong girl I know and love" he said. "I'll try" she replied looking up at him.

Tai Lung grinned, stood up, and  turned then slowly started to walk away. The leopard stopped mid step and turned back. "oh, and tell lian that I love her and will always be with her.. she's a smart girl for her age, she'll understand". Christine knodded and wiped another tear away "I will, i promise"

" until we meet again ".  he faded with each step until he was gone.

Christine sat in the dark for a few minutes thinking about what Tai Lung said until she was snapped awake by something shaking her. Opening her eyes she looked around, seeing lian kneeling besides her with sad concerning eyes.  "Mommy, are you okay?" The cub questioned. "Huh?" Christine asked sitting upright. " you were having a nightmare" lian murmured taking a seat next to her mother.

"Oh, yes. I'm fine, bad dream is all." her mother smiled."it's daddy again, wasn't it ?" Lian coaxed looking up at Christine with sympathetic eyes . Christine's eyes widened. "how, how did you..?" she sputters while trying to find the words. "Because you say his name alot when your sleeping" lian added. " and I have the, the " The cub began stumbling on her words. " Second sight " Her mother finished. "yeah that " Lian scooted closer to her and wrapped her arms around her mother's waist." It's okay mommy". The cub snuggled herself closer. "I wish I knew him ". Christine forced a smile as more stray tears failed to hold, feeling her emotions leak through.Lian was the most precious thing in her life, the only thing keeping her going. Pulling her close the cat sniffled. " He loves you sweetheart, and he is always watching over you. that's all you need to know. " She kissed the top of lian's head.

Suddenly a guard came rushing to the cage" is everything alright? I heard a yell" The wolf questioned slightly concerned. Rubbing her eyes Christine nodded" oh, yes we're fine. thank you" . Lian removed herself. " mommy was having a nightmare about daddy" she stated." Lian Lu !" her mother scolded.

The wolf gave an understood nodd

"Thank you, by the way" the mother smiled .  The wolf returned the smile. " You're welcome ma'am. goodnight young one" he said and walked back to his post. "goodnight" the g cub waved. christine chuckled, scooping her daughter into her arms. " now, my cherry blossom, its time for you to get some sleep."

"awww no fair !"

sorry that i haven't posted in a while, had a lot things going on that needed to come first.