Chapter 8 "Certainty"

Depuis le début

As I slowly took her in, a sudden urge to admire her closer surged through me momentarily, making me walked towards her. Once I hovered beside the bed, I found myself staring at her beautiful face for a moment, before my gaze slowly traveled to her slightly parted lips, causing me to gulp back the lump on my throat as a thought of kissing those lips eventually crossed my mind. I didn't know what had suddenly gotten into me, but there was just something about her looking vulnerable right now, that was making me feel things. I didn't know she had this effect on me, until now, and it was making me confused and angry at the same time because I knew I shouldn't be feeling like this as it would just ruin everything.

Taking a deep breath, I forced myself to look away from her as I brought my hand to her arm to gently shake her awake. 

"Lauren, wake up," I mumbled.

She stirred lightly, "Hmm, one more minute," she murmured without bothering to open her eyes. 

"Sorry to bother your sleep, but...Amelia is here." As soon as I mentioned Amelia's name, her eyes instantly pried open, and she eventually sat up, looking at me unsteadily.

"What? Mom's here?" she briskly asked, and I just nodded in response.

"She said she wanted to talk to you."

A frown had crossed on her face as she averted her gaze, briefly staring at an empty space in front of her, "I think I know what she wants to talk about."

As do I. 

"She's in the living room, waiting for you."

She sighed, briefly burying her face on her hands, and faintly shook her head, before looking up, "I'm sorry you got involved in this Alex."

"It's fine. You don't have to apologize Lauren...Come on, she's waiting for you."

She nodded, "Thanks," she said gratefully, and I smiled in response. She then brushed the cover off, and got out the bed, showing me her curves that were shaped by her tank top, causing me to look away. "I'm just gonna go to the bathroom for a moment," she said, completely oblivious at my discomfort.

"Okay Lauren. If you need anything, I'll be near." Seeing her smiled, I eventually turned my back to her, and headed to the door, going out of the room. As soon as I closed the door behind me, I let out a huge sigh of relief, putting a hand on my chest, feeling my heart pounding against it. I felt suffocated inside with her, and the whole time I was talking to her, I was trying to avoid looking at her for too long as it would just cause the urge I felt earlier, to return...And I was right, when I saw her got off the bed.

Just what the hell is happening to me all of a sudden?

Shaking my head, I walked back to the kitchen, passing through the living room where I saw Amelia looking at me with the same stern expression, but I decided to ignore her, and continued on my way. I didn't want to deal with her while I was sorting my thoughts as she would just add up to the stress. 

I got right on time in the kitchen before the bacon would over-roast, and proceeded to serve them on plate, along with the eggs, and pancakes. As I was pouring coffee on my cup, I unintentionally heard snippets of their conversation, making me stop at what I was doing to listen in on them.

"...you embarrassed my son in public Lauren," Amelia argued, making me shook my head in annoyance. 

"He deserved it, and for the record...that wasn't the first time he cheated on me." 

Amelia snorted bitterly, "And why would he cheat?...Ethan is the most loyal man you could ever have," she retorted, making me roll my eyes. She just had to play pretend when obviously she knew what her son was doing.