Chapter 27

Naoko's POV

"Vegetables, rice, lentils," Naoko called out, scanning the pantry. She looked back at Cale.

"It seems like they've left us enough food," Cale agreed, closing the fridge door.

"No way to charge our phones though," Nyarai looked to Alkira "surely you have something in there."

Alkira kept rummaging through her bags which were all open displaying the contents, all aside from one, a small black messenger bag "they must have taken it from me."

Naoko walked over and pointed "what about that one?"

Alkira picked it up, taking it out of grabbing distance of Naoko "I've already checked this one."

She held it defensively, a panicked look in her now yellow eyes. Or maybe Naoko had imagined it, the scary strong look resumed so quickly and it disappeared.

These three were the people she was trapped with indefinitely. Until they bonded whatever that meant. Naoko felt she was most upset that she had just gotten these powers and wasn't allowed to run around the forest using them. Isn't that what the superheroes always did? Experiment with their powers in some wacky way, causing some kind of chaos that would stir up a villain they would have to defeat with the power of friendship. What kind of super power story started with being locked together in a room with three strangers. Then there was the fact she couldn't go home. Ian and her friends had seen her dead body and had probably attended her funeral by now. Everyone she knew was dead. Despite the sadness all she could think is of her parents being disappointed that she died before her exams and that being just as bad as failing. Of course she knew they were probably devastated but it was still funny to think that even in death she was a disappointment to them. Finding Pan and uncovering the truth was interesting to her but going back to her old life would be bizarre. How would she pull it off? Some magical forgetting spell? That felt wrong to Naoko, almost as wrong as her family crying over a fake corpse.

The dome was surprisingly big inside. Although one small window was all that they that. A great view but not one they could get any attention from. It had a fully functioning kitchen, with a dishwasher. That was more than what Naoko had at home. A dinning table with plush velvet upholstered seating. Leather couches in front of a huge flat screen. 6 bedrooms on either side of the front door the only entrance, which was still locked; they had tried it many times.

Nyarai, angry, storm off to the bedroom she had claimed probably to search for a phone charger again. Alkira packed up her bags zipping them all up.

Naoko looked to Cale, seemingly the only emotionally available one and the cutest. He shrugged "they said we need to bond which means make friends it's going to be hard."

Alkira darted back to her room with all her bags.

Naoko's eyes scanned the room again "maybe they want us to bond while we escape."

Cale smiled "or maybe the only way to escape is to bond."

Naoko snorted and looked to the door "it's watching us."

Cale laughed "after the things I've heard in these last 48 hours, I honestly wouldn't be surprised."

"Do you think they mean friends like ok I know what you're about or I'll actively take time out of my day to spend time with you because I think you're a cool human... or cool werecat."

Cale smiled, his eyes crinkling in such a cute way, "I'd say the latter. Seeing as we are locked up and all."

"Well," Naoko stepped into the kitchen again, "maybe a meal will bring us closer together."