Justice

"Astra's back."

Alex moved quickly alongside Hank, who she still hadn't quite decided what to call and so was resorting to 'Hank' until further notice. Kara ambled along behind them, her cape billowing dramatically. The call that she would be arriving with emergency news had come in almost twenty minutes ago, but Kara was relatively unscathed and so Alex hadn't expected it to be such a big problem.

But this? This could potentially pose a bigger threat than she'd accounted for.

"Astra? As in your aunt Astra?" Hank asked, turning a sharp right and coming out into a secondary command centre.

"Yeah, the one who was sent to Fort Rozz." Kara paused to send a mild glare in Hank's direction. Clearly, she still wasn't completely over the whole Fort Rozz thing. "I guess she escaped along with everybody else?"

"Most likely," he replied, stopping at one of the round tables in the middle of the room. Alex followed, her mind racing at the implications that this kind of conflict could bring. Not only was Astra a direct blood relative of Kara's, an issue that would likely present itself in her sister's damn noble heart, but she'd spent a decent amount of time in Fort Rozz. There was a solid opportunity that she had gained some manic alien followers.

"She had a kryptonite knife, too."

And apparently that, as well.

"It wasn't affecting her?" Alex asked, staring at Kara. Because Astra was Kryptonian. The whole point of kryptonite was that it was supposed to block a Kryptonian's powers.

"No, that's the best part. She has a suit that makes her invulnerable to it."

Alex couldn't help the slight tinge of wonder that pulsed through her veins. What she wouldn't give to get her hands on that suit. It must've shown on her face because Hank stared at her with mild intrigue before turning back to Kara.

"That really changes the game. What did she want with you?"

"She tried to recruit me into her crazy scheming. It took me a while, but she left eventually. Probably so she could plan more schemes." Kara crossed her arms awkwardly and dropped her eyes to the ground. "All I remember is that she tried to just like, blow up all of our government buildings back on Krypton. That's why she went to Fort Rozz in the first place. I hadn't heard from her since."

Hank nodded, leaning down onto his elbows and looking grave. "This could be the start of what we've feared since Fort Rozz first crashed on Earth. A city-wide attack."

Before Alex could even register what was happening, Kara nodded and started to move off. Gathering her wits, Alex jumped forward and started after her.

"Where are you going?"

"To go find her. I'm going to bring her in."

Alex shook her head, stopping so that she had fully caught Kara's attention. "No, you're not. You need to take a break. Plus we need to be at Frankie's in twenty minutes."

Kara gave Alex a blank stare.

"Don't tell me you forgot."

"Oh, shit. Dinner at Frankie's."

"That's right," Alex goaded, noticing Hank move back off down the corridor, barely concealing an exasperated sigh. "And you know how important it is to her that we finally meet Brad properly. The DEO can look for Astra, I'm not letting you bail out."

"I wasn't planning on bailing." Kara stood with her arms on her hips before she started to follow Hank out of the room. Alex quickly followed.

"Oh, and by the way," Alex whispered, speeding up to get next to Kara. "We were wrong about Hank. He didn't have anything to do with my dad's death."