Truth

Time flew past faster now that things were back to normal. Kara's powers were back and positively thriving, but Frankie could tell that with the lack of city-wide emergencies, she'd been getting restless.

Frankie, to a certain extent, felt the same. She didn't have powers that had disappeared for a week and a half only to have then come back and be able to do absolutely nothing with them, but still.

She wasn't used to her life being so, normal, even though it was exactly the same as when she'd moved in. She'd spent years going to college and then work, and hanging out with Kara and Alex all the time and been fine. Now, she had arguably more of a social life with more than three friends (a solid four was the current count), yet she felt worse than before.

She'd become used to the hustle and bustle of having Supergirl as a sister and the mild twenty-four-hour anxiety that came with it, but things had quietened down considerably in the recent weeks. It was almost like all of the evil aliens and bad guys had taken a break, and the lack of life-threatening excitement had cut her deeper than she'd ever thought it could have.

"Hey babe, you're gonna miss the end of the movie."

Frankie looked up from the chopping board to her boyfriend.

"Sorry, I just haven't been concentrating."

Brad shook his head and beckoned her over, patting the spot next to him on his couch.

"I don't mind, but this stupid robot does. His big moment is about to happen and you're not watching."

Sighing dejectedly, Frankie shuffled to the couch and plonked down, tucking her legs closely underneath her.

"I just don't see why him murdering all the people is a good thing."

"Because they're evil, keep up."

Brad's focus turned back to the tv, but Frankie still found it difficult to do the same. This kind of moment should have been perfect, watching stupid movies with her boyfriend on a Thursday night and absolutely nothing floating over her head.

His apartment was huge and comfortable and inexplicably covered with blankets and pillows, and the initial shock of its pure scale had worn off.

Even so, she was just waiting for a call from somebody to tell her that things were getting spicy again.

At that exact second, as though her prayers had been answered from above, there was a buzz from the coffee table.

She answered the call quickly, without even bothering to check who it was, and when the line finally connected, she was greeted by a harsh crackling from the other end. Pulling the phone back from her ear before she went permanently deaf, she registered Winn's name on the screen.

Getting up and moving back into the kitchen, she replaced the phone next to the side of her face, missing the confused stare that Brad shot her from over his shoulder and grimaced as the jarring whine subsided.

"Winn, what the fuck?"

"Did it work?"

"I've got no clue what you're talking about, but from what just happened, I'm gonna go with a no."

She could imagine Winn's frown through the phone, but the voice that came through sounded far cheerier than she had expected it to be.

"Damn. Well, worth a shot."

Up to this point, Frankie still had no clue what Winn was saying, and by the sounds of the whirring and sputtering in the background, she wasn't entirely sure that she needed clarification.