The Articles You Read

SUPERGIRL: RELATED TO THE MAN OF STEEL?

Media Queen herself, Cat Grant manages to secure an exclusive interview with the infamous 'Girl of Steel' and reveals questions like "Is she connected to Superman?" and "Why only show up now?" Read the full article on pg 8.

Frankie slammed the magazine onto her desk, frustrated with the lack of information held in its stupid articles. She had spent all of her morning trying to figure out what Supergirl's intentions were, what she could be up to and now she was earning some strange looks from her neighbouring co-workers.

She glanced at the growing pile of magazines and papers scattered over her desk and was met with the intimidating eyes of her own sister staring back at her from the covers of almost all of them. Deciding it was time for a break, she grabbed her bag, made absolutely sure her purse was in it and headed downstairs to the coffee shop.

The short walk to the cafe was fairly brisk, but it wasn't overly chilly and she managed to get away with only a sweater and pants. When she opened the door, the familiar smell of coffee and cinnamon all but enveloped her and Frankie couldn't help but smile a little, preparing herself for what she would say to the barista. Turning toward the counter however, she had to stop.

She could see Kara seated at one of the tables, wolfing down a pastry. She wasn't overly surprised, the cafe was right next to Cat Co as well, nor did she feel shocked when Alex was sitting across from her, but all of her attention was drawn to the man standing above them, chatting casually. It was the guy who had been with Winn the day before, what was his name? James? Yeah.

Frankie started to move over to them. As she got closer, she caught a glimpse of their conversation.

"Not as covert as I would prefer..." Alex shot a glare at Kara.

"I didn't tell him!" She threw back.

"Look, it's ok. I can be trusted with a big secret."

Frankie's stomach dropped when she realised that James now knew more about Kara's doings as Supergirl than she did.

"Well, I just hope you'll extend the same courtesy to my sister," Alex sat back in her chair as an awkward silence took over.

At that moment Alex spotted her and waved her over.

"Frankie, hi!" Alex caught the attention of the other two and sounded, relieved?

"Alex, Kara hey. And James right?" He nodded. "Nice to see you again. What's going on?"

"We were just, having a chat, ya know."

"Yeah? Sounds nice." Frankie looked at Alex, and Alex looked at Kara, and Kara looked at James and James was looking down. At his shoes. Not meeting anyone's eyes.

Fiddling with her glasses, Kara said, "So, James. What are you doing here?" A very faint blush dusted her cheeks when he looked back at her.

"Oh, well this is the only place in town that serves my favourite drink," He paused for emphasis. "Tea." Frankie looked at him, but he was already back on his shoes, studying them as though he had to write a thesis on them. It was a pretty lame joke, she thought. She still let slip a very small smile at her sisters' reactions. Alex was stone-faced, the face she had when Kara tried to make a stupid joke. And Kara was laughing, (not entirely surprising) but it wasn't her usual laugh. It was her slightly more awkward one, still hard and loud, but not as genuine. Coupled with the tinged hue of her cheeks, and she wasn't even being subtle.

Oh yeah, this girl is whipped.

"Well, I'll see you at the office, Kara," James said, still managing to somehow not meet Frankie's eyes.