Dead Girl Walking

Oh shit.

Turning back to the chairs, Winn grabbed his bag and shoved it on his shoulder. He ran past Frankie, calling out for her to follow him and frantically pummeled the buttons to the elevator.

"Winn, where are we going?"

"To the station. That's the only place he could be right now."

The doors opened and they practically sprung into the small compartment.

"How do we know he's there though? He could've just gone to the bathroom or something."

"He took his bag with him. Plus, the kid had the biggest crush on Supergirl. You didn't even hear the full extent of it. He would do anything for a chance to meet her."

The elevator dinged at the bottom floor, and the doors shuddered open again. They burst through and rushed toward the front of the building and onto the street.

"Ok, but when we get there, how the hell are we gonna find him?"

Hailing a passing taxi, Winn turned back and looked her dead in the eyes.

"I have no clue."

~~~~~~

Pulling up in front of the station Winn quickly paid the driver and they leapt out of the car. They took the stairs three at a time and sprinted through the reception.

Rushing into the giant hall that was serving as the lobby of the station, Frankie looked around in disbelief. The sheer amount of people there and the size of the hall was going to make finding Carter nearly impossible. Winn seemed to be thinking the same thing as he looked at her in desperation.

"Split up."

He nodded and they set off through the crowds, asking everyone for any sign of Carter. After twenty minutes though, Frankie had almostt lost all hope. She scanned the heads of the crowd one last time just as Winn appeared next to her, looking utterly defeated. Turning back to flash him a hopeless grimace, she spotted out of the corner of her eye a tuft of curly brown hair making its way through the mass of people.

She spun around, grabbing Winn's shoulder as well and pointed to the escalator.

"There. That's him!" When the boy had distanced himself enough from everyone else, it was plain from his height to his blue sweater that it was Carter.

"Frankie, you're a genius." Winn sputtered as he continued to try and shove in the politest way possible through the hoard of passengers. Keeping an eye on the figure ahead, she spotted someone - undoubtedly Maxwell Lord - take his shoulder and walk straight past the guards and onto the train. Didn't anyone teach that kid about stranger danger?

"Winn, there's no way we can get on that train without a ticket."

"I know."

Frankie's phone buzzed and she pulled it out of her pocket, answering hastily.

"Hello?"

"Frank, where are you?"

"At the station." She apologized to three separate people before moving forward.

"Frankie, you need to get out of there right now. We just got a tip that there's a bomb at the airport."

"Look, Alex, there's kind of a problem and I can't leave until Winn and I have it sorted out."

Alex ignored her as she went on. "Frankie, please. This is important."

Turning to where the train was waiting, Winn's eyes widened and he pulled on Frankie's sleeve like a toddler.