S I X

ACCELERATOR AND BRAKE : 加速器とブレーキ

i never imagined that at this time of the day, i'll be waiting in an office instead of sprawling on my bed with a novel and hot chocolate.

much to my dismay, iseul submitted my resume without my permission and got me a suitable driver for my case. and now, i'm waiting for him.

now, it's 10 past 11. i hugged my cardigan tightly and impatiently tapped my feet. i went out being annoyed.

right when i was about to leave the parking lot, a car swivelled and a silhouette came out. by his actions, i could tell he was fumbling with locking his doors.

"kevin, i swear i'm going to end your day even before you can start it. that lady was waiting for you for the past 15 minutes and- oh my lord, she left," a voice roared and ended with a frantic shriek.

i assumed they were talking about me, so i decided to go to them.

"excuse me, i didn't leave," i said rather monotonously.

"i'm sorry for the inconvenience, miss," he said and nudged the kevin guy.

"my apologies," the kevin guy said in a small voice, perhaps accidentally voiced out his thoughts loud. great.

i didn't say anything. the kevin guy was lectured for a whole 1 minutes.

"i'm sorry but can we leave already? my house is quite far way from here," i said.

kevin took me to the back of the building which had a bigger parking lot than the main one. there were in total 14 cars. kevin got the one he'll be driving.

as soon as he unlocked the door, i got in, wanting to get over this as soon as possible. he looked startled by my action but nonetheless, got into the car and started the engine.

"i'm sorry for being late. actually, my car broke down and it took ti-" he tried to start a conversation but stopped talking when he saw i was clearly uninterested.

he started to drive through the street of a familiar place. my workplace.

the place was quite different in night than day. i almost couldn't recognize if it wasn't for the big banner of 20% discount on grocery store. few people were walking out of the store with bags in their hand.

"so you know this place?" he said while turning left.

i hummed in answer, not really making a good use of my voice box. he nodded to my answer.

when the clock struck to 1:40, he was close to my home. instead of going back to that place, i asked him to drop me there.

"my house is near. you can drop me here," i said quietly.

"but, it's our duty to drop you safely back to our office," he said as he stopped the car.

"i'll take care of it, don't worry. i'll talk to your manager if that's what you are worried for," i said.

"but at least, let me drop you to your place," he said while rubbing his nape.

"it's safe. it's a two minute walk from here so don't bother," i said as i go out of the car.

as i reached my doorstep, i could see the faint engine roar distancing.

a/n:
here, kevin is namjoon. don't worry, y'all. after a few chapter, y'all get to know why is his name kevin.