O N E

LOSS : 損失

LOSS : 損失

the sun peeked through the clouds for the thousandth time. it was too cloudy yet sun had to make its appearance and annoy the fuck out of me. i hate the sun. i just hate it. with small strides, i reached a park and sat on a bench. i took out a cigarette and tried to lit it up. the lighter wasn't working as if it also didn't want me to break my promise. i took up a big puff and then tried to breathe out the sadness along the smoke. it was dewy under my palms.

eventually, the sun hid itself and rain started to pour. each droplet of rain either burned my skin or did not affect me at all. pathetic. people started to run to save themselves from the heavy rain.

i was miserable. that was probably the understatement of the year. i was beyond miserable. i lost the person whom i loved and cherished the most. now, i was not that kind of person who broke down by any kind of loss. but, this one was different. i lost my best friend. my other half. and he took a part of me with him.

a pair of shoes stopped in front of me.

"how long will you be like this?" a familiar voice said and took the cigarette which was in between my lips.

i did not answer. i did not know the answer. probably a day, a week, a month or forever. no one knows. i hated myself for being like this. i hated my pathetic self. everything was my fault. if only i could bring him back.

"stop these inner conflicts. you will not get yourself anywhere by doing these. come back," her voice quivered at the end.

i let her drag me to a car, a black, familiar car. i did not have the energy to fight back. i was stoic. my eyes were dull and emotionless. the car started to move but i barely felt anything. the car halted in front of a small house. home. it was our safe haven.

we were totally inseparable since elementary but we also had our fallouts when we were sixteen. but we cleared out our misunderstandings.

i don't even know how i ended up in my bed. i was staring at the space, different thoughts swirled in my mind. the brim of the glass full of water was brought close to my lips. i obediently drank the water. she tucked me to the bed and i didn't object. the tears finally started to stream and the silent sobs were no longer suppressed.

It feels nice to be back but then again I have so many things to handle. Anyways, I hope y'all gonna like this new content.