Basic Assessments

(Time skip: after lunch, in the training campus)

Nobody seemed to be able to relax during lunch, not after what Monokuma had said. "Hey, hey, hey! What's with this gloomy aura I feel from you all?" Monokuma asked with his usual carefree tone.

Some relaxed their expressions, but the fear and anxiety they were feeling couldn't just be hidden like that. "Look, if it's about what I said earlier, you don't need to be that anxious about it. I just don't want any of you to take this as a walk in the park. This school is the best there is for a reason, you know?" Monokuma tried to assure.

"We can tell, alright..!" everyone thought to themselves.

"And I know I said you guys would go through hell this semester, which is actually true, but you won't be getting it immediately, unless you want to seriously die! Of course, we'll have to start smaller, then we'll adjust your training regimens as we go, so don't think you're gonna die, 'cuz you won't, maybe almost, though.." Monokuma continued.

Surprisingly, everyone felt relieved and were filled with determination. They all began smiling at one another again, and the dark aura around them gradually faded. "That's better! Now, off to the track and field area!" Monokuma exclaimed.

Even though they've already seen the place, it still amazed all of them with how huge and legit it was. "Alright, so for today, we'll be doing a bunch of physical tests, and of course, they're graded. Depending on your fighting type and the test, we've set specific standards for each of you." Monokuma said. "So, the first one will be a simple 100m sprint. We'll be doing two trials; the first will prohibit the use of powers, but the second will allow it. Also, you are not allowed to fuse or borrow another person's power and to use any objects that aren't wearable garments. This condition will apply to all tests." he continued.

The first trial went rather smoothly, but the second trial was quite sad since most of their powers were inapplicable to this test. Ryoma clearly outdid everyone though, since he just simply teleported himself to the finish line.

For the rest of class, they all had other tests such as long jump, high jump, javelin throw, long and short distance shooting with a BB gun, and many more. By the end of it all, they were all seemingly tired.

"Oh, come on! You guys are tired?! *sigh* Lucky for all of you, we're done with the tests today, so I'll just give you guys a few more reminders before dismissing you all. So, regarding our morning routine, we'll still meet in the classroom as usual, and all of you should be wearing your PE uniforms already! As we speak right now, my sweet little children are putting your individual results and feedback in your dorm rooms, so be sure to check them out later. Make sure to eat and sleep well 'cuz we're gonna get serious soon! And lastly, make sure to get flashlights for yourselves for that shortcut. I'm not providing them for you. Pupupu! Any questions? No? Nice. Get in the van." Monokuma said as he hurriedly ushered everyone into the van.

Back in the dorms, a copy of everyone's results were left in each of their rooms, as well as a map of the underground shortcut.

-------
Ouma's POV

I quickly rushed to my room after arriving back at the main campus to check my results, and so that I can go to Kiibo's room as soon as possible. Unsurprisingly, my results were top tier, not necessarily perfect, but way above average for sure! Interestingly, our scores were ranked from first to last for each test. Of course, the exact scores of the others weren't shown, though. Luckily for me, I managed to make it into the top five in every single test! But it sure was difficult competing with Ryoma-kun, Momota, and Harukawa-san.

*sigh* "Looks like I gotta step up my game a little..." I thought to myself.

After putting away my results and the map in a drawer, I went to take a quick shower, then slipped on some loose and comfortable clothes afterwards. I grabbed my phone, then quickly headed to Kiibo's room.