Soft...But Deadly

As Ouma was about 4/5 through chopping the shallots, he accidentally cut both his middle and ring finger.....pretty badly. "Ah..." Ouma muttered as the blood oozed out rather quickly. "You have got to be joking right now...!" Kiibo exclaimed as he rushed to get the medicine kit in one of the cabinets. "Go wash your wound first while I look for the medicine kit!" Kiibo demanded. "He sounded really angry, but there was also a hint of.....worry? And.....panic? In his voice...?" Ouma thought to himself as he washed his wound in the sink.

A moment later, Kiibo found the kit and immediately rushed back to Ouma. He got a paper towel, and sat Ouma down on a chair after turning the faucet off. He examined the wound before bringing out a few medicines. "Your wound is quite deep..." Kiibo pointed out while carefully applying the medicines. Ouma didn't say anything but occasionally flinched due to the stinging pain coming from the medicines. After letting the last medicine absorb into the wound, Kiibo proceeded to wrap his fingers with bandages.

When he finished, he went to return the kit back to the cabinet while Ouma examined his bandaged fingers. "You're actually pretty good at first-aid, huh?" Ouma commented while chuckling sheepishly. Kiibo didn't reply nor look at him. "Err.....Kiiboy...chan?" "Ouma, I'll finish making the ramen. You can wait for me in the dining hall." Kiibo said in a somewhat cold tone. "Eh? I still wanna help, though. Besides, you've already wrapped me up, so it should be fine." he insisted. "Ouma...!" Kiibo half yelled in an extremely threatening and dangerous tone. He, surprisingly, had chills sent running up his spine. He never thought Kiibo had the capability to sound so....deadly... "Shit...! This is really bad! Who knew a day would come where KIIBO could make me back down without a fight or argument, much less scare me! And so soon too!" Ouma thought to himself as he nodded to Kiibo and walked out of the kitchen with shaky legs.

In the dining hall, he got a small table for just him and Kiibo to occupy. To pass the time, he played some games in his phone.

After 25 minutes or so, Kiibo suddenly pushed the kitchen door open while holding a large tray with the two bowls of ramen and chopsticks. Ouma slightly jumped from his seat out of shock and nervousness to talk to Kiibo, much less even look at him. Though as he was approaching the table, Ouma took a glance at him. He had returned to his usual soft look. "Phew! Thank god he doesn't seem mad anymore!" he thought to himself. Just after that thought, Kiibo slammed the tray onto the table which caused Ouma to jump from his seat. "Sorry. It was quite heavy." he bluntly said as he gave Ouma his bowl of ramen. Ouma was surprised to see how well he cooked everything, especially considering that he practically did this by himself and it was his first time cooking. "Thank you for the food." the two said simultaneously.

Upon taking his first bite, Ouma's eyes widened and sparkled with surprise and wonder. "Is something wrong, Ouma-kun?" Kiibo asked. "I-It's so good..! How did you make it so perfectly?!" Ouma exclaimed. Kiibo smiled in relief upon receiving the praise. "I don't know, I just followed the recipe." Kiibo said while still smiling satisfactorily to himself. "You gotta make this for me again sometime!" Ouma said. "Err...you wouldn't want to help me next time?" Kiibo asked as his eyes became dim. "No way! I don't want to ruin the perfection in this, you know! I want it to be the same way as you made it now!" Ouma replied cheerfully. Without realizing it, Kiibo started to blush from Ouma's continuous praises on his dish. Ouma noticed this and asked, "Are you ok, Kiiboy-chan?". "Ah! Yes. I'm fine..!" Kiibo replied, noticing the redness on his face. "If you say so, then. Let's go back to the dorms after this!" Ouma said as Kiibo nodded in response. They both continued eating their dinner in silence then went back to the dorms afterwards.

A/N:
ok ik the story is progressing really slowly so from the next chapter onwards, I'll try to make each one a bit longer (or I'll skip/shorten a bunch of interactions heh) but the the main parts of the story r (finally) gonna start really soon tho so pls stick around yk!! anyway, hope y'all enjoyed, pls leave a vote if u did and comment too hehe... see y'all in the next one!