🔹29 :The Chase🔹

Harper's POV

I don't know how many times did I try to stop Harlow and the guy named Harris from fighting. It's just morning but I feel like it's already a day of headache watching them exchanging blows with abnormal speed.

"Hey" I heard Adam's voice coming from behind.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pull me closer to his side. I felt him sniff and kiss my hair before he whisper goodmorning to me.

"Why are you on panic mode again?" he asked.

I glared at him like he didn't get what was happening infront of him when he's staring at the two freaks flying and jumping.

"I woke up seeing this!" I snapped.

I can't get my eyes off Harlow holding a knife or what do you call that but it's similar to that. It's shiny and looks so sharp that even the slightest touch of it could kill.

"Calm down, babe. They're trying to make up" he sounded chill unlike me.

My eyes widened at his answer. He handed me a cup of coffee by the smell of it as he pull me softly down the chair where we can sit comfortable and watch them fully.

"You mean they're trying to kill each other?" I asked, couldn't hide the sarcasm.

"It's their way. Let them be as long as it's not bothering us."

"It bothers me! Look at my girl right there! She's so ready to kill your gorgeous brother. You better stop them if you don't want them dead." I sighed, sounded more like a bit pissed.

They really could cut each other if no one will stop them.

His btows furrows, "You mean who?"

Now it's my time to do the same, "Your brother?"

"Nevermind. Did you contact your father?" he asked.

I bit my lower lip as the word father slipped into his mouth. I don't really want to think about him as much as possible maybe next next days will do but not now or anytime soon.

I shook my head as I continue to fidget on my fingers under the table.

"I don't wanna go home yet. Honestly, I'm scared that he might lock me up to my room when he sees me especially now that I am siding you and your friends. I really don't know what my Dad did to your brother but I am really sorry for that. I really am." I said, my eyes blinking the tears away as I divert my gaze to the freaks who's still fighting for nothing.

"Stop smirking, you jerk!" Harlow yelled and threw a dagger directly to Harris who seem so cool about it.

I just rolled my eyes.

My eyes landed back at Adam when I felt his hand on mine. He squeezed it and smiled at me without saying anything.

"I'm going to buy something downtown. Who wants to come with me?" Kira said half yelling as she rush out of the living room, shrugging on her yellow cardigan.

I look at Adam with a pleasing eyes.

He just sighed, "Alright, I'm coming with you."

We drove to for good 10 minutes with Adam's car in full speed following the black Lamborghini that Gunner's driving.

"Next time we drive, tell me so I can prepare myself and write my death note in advance." I said almost out of breath when the engines stops.

I followed Gunner and Kira ascending inside a mini market. I shrug when few people turn their head when they step inside.