🔹26 : He's Coming...🔹

Harper's POV

It was already lunch when the superior called us here at the field, including the mentors and all the slayers that somehow gives me an unknown feeling.

I saw Reev walking towards our direction but my eyes immediately landed on the fugure behind him. I saw how he scrunched his nose when he caught me staring at Reev, we haven't talk until now after what he have done to me at the library and besides Adam won't let him near me, not even his shadows. I'm still not ready to face him. He just... he makes me feel scared.

"I feel dizzy.." I heard Harlow beside me.

She look fine as always but yeah she just said it.

"What's with your father that he had to call us all hear? All the students are in the corridor enjoying the view" Brion then smirked.

I rolled my eyes at him and so Imogen who is just infront of him.

I felt a wrapping hand on my waist. I smiled at his touch and look up to him with his face looking very irritated.

My forehead creased, "What's wrong? Are you alright?" I softly squeeze his hand.

He nod as an answer. I was going to question him more but I know. He wouldn't answer more but less than what I wanted to know so I just kept mum beside him. I'm avoiding Reev's obvious glances as soon as I can. It's just that, I feel like he's a different person now that before. He's more like of lesser version of Adam. His acts and stares are like hiding something that's destine to break someone. It's sharp like a knife.

Students are whispering, staring at us like we are some show.

I heard Brion hissed while talking with someone over his phone, glance at his wrist watch clutching onto it . He walk infront and gestured the guys to come with him.

"Line up!" he ordered and all the men march infront without saying anything with all their serious faces that suddenly becomes a show to every girl in Madelaide Academy.

Reev and Adam stanfing beside each other as the top junior slayers. I can see no difference in their gazes but Adam's presence says he's way higher than Reev. I wonder what rank he fell.

I rolled my eyes at them.

"Calm down woman" I heard Imogen's teasing voice.

I glared at her. She needs to shut up.

"We'll close the gates. Everyone stay at your place!" Brion yelled eyeing the students watching inside the buildings surrounding the field

"Really, Harper? Do you have any idea about today?" It's Harlow.

She's been asking me the same question for already nth times since we received an urgent call from the assistant of my father.

I was about to finally answer her when someone toss me my bow. I'm fast enough to catch it on time.

"You'll be needing your weapons", the woman said as she continuously handing the rest a weapon.

My forehead creased at the thought of using a weapon at this state and place. What's gotten to my father that he had to order us to battle inside his precious place when in the first place Madelaide is off limits whatever or whenever.

"I need all the girls to stand behind the front runners except for Harlow Schneider and Imogen Carlson to stand beside Reev." Brion ordered with an abvious doubt in his face, "... and Adam infront alone"

I saw my two bestfriends marching infront   wearing a wide grin in their faces.

"With Harper Mackenzie" he added in a low tone voice.

Now what?

Is this some kind of another ceremony or what?

Why are we all dressed up like we were going to murder a bunch of bloodsuckers in town?

I glanced at Adam when my feet reached him. He didn't even bother to glance back at me. I know he knows my every stares. I can sense the familiar dark aura in him that I couldn't put my hand in it.

Then I heard the gates slowly opening, that's when I saw my father with some of the officers that is standing in both sides of a big cart. They are all pulling a thick rope to make the wheels move and it has a huge, dracula style coffin in it that made us all gasped in fear.

"Oh my God, is that dracula?" I blurted out.

"Dracula is dead", he answered coldly.

All of a sudden, the coffin starts shaking like it's trying to open itself then that's when the ground starts shaking but only where Adam is standing.

I look at him but his eyes were close and I gasp when I saw a tear -- blooddrop on his pale cheek.

I look around to see if there's someone looking at him. I reach for his face and wiped it quickly but it just won't stop.

And the blood slowly turning into green a very dark green.

And when his eyes flew open, I was taken aback.

It's all black.

"Primo"

I heard Harlow's voice already behind me.

Who is Primo?

"Take her away" was all what Adam said before someone snatched me.

My eyes werebcovered by a cold hands but my ears aren't.

All I could hear is a scream of help.

__

Sorry for the errors. I don't have much time to even edit my update huhu just want to make it up for being inactive.