Chapter 16

Lucky's POV

I sighed as I watched the herd eat. Content splashed over me as I too ate. Rose was over there talking with the mother deer. She looked over and we gazed at each other, and that was when I felt the familiar tug of a vision.

This time, however, I did not see through Bella's eyes. I shook myself, standing up nervously. Was something wrong? Or maybe she was in trouble? I forced myself to calm down, focusing on the task at hand. I suspect that we weren't far from the building.

"Can we get a move on?" grumbled Sleek.

I nodded. This mission felt like it was going on forever. As I stood up, the rest of the herd did too.

We walked for at least a few more hours before a scent reached me. Rose reached my side.

"Hey, Lucky? I have something to tell you-" she started, but a distant bark distracted me.

"Lucky!"

Joy coursed over me as I a dog-Bella- standing over the crest of the hill, our children lining up beside her.

The herd stopped, wary of her sudden appearance.

"Bella? You escaped!" I barked with joy.

I stood there as she and the pups ran towards me.

"Father! Father! You should've been there!" the pups yipped.

Beta whimpered with happiness. "Mother was brave."

I nuzzled my family with happiness. Bella fondly licked my ear.

"Who's this?" a sharp voice cut through the reunion. Rose.

I looked over at her, who stiffened.

"I believe introductions are to be made. However, I think we would introduce you all when we eat," I said.

Sun wondered over to Rose, sniffing her, who growled.

"Sun! Please come here," Bella chastised. "I'm sorry."

I saw something click in Bella's eyes as she looked at Rose. It was like a dawn of familiarity. I ignored it, too caught up in the moment.

I led my small family under a nearby tree.

"So," I chuckled. "Tell me about your little adventure."

"Oh! I wished you were there with us. So, one night I heard this commotion..."

As Bella told her story, (with the pups adding in excitedly), I caught sight of Rose looking over with an expression I couldn't decipher. I looked back down when I felt Love put her paws on my chest, wagging her tail.

"How was your adventure?" she inquired.

I chuckled softly. As I dove in my exciting tale, I made sure to leave out the part about Rose and I. the pups soon fell asleep.

"A-Anything I should know about, Lucky?" Bella asked softly.

Startled at her question, I stared at her. "No, why?"

"Drop the act, Lucky. I know Rose likes you. D-Do you, you know, have any feelings towards her?"

"No," I said without hesitation.

Relief shone in Bella's eyes. "I'm sorry for doubting you. I trust you completely. I love you."

"All that matters is that we're together again," I said.

After that Bella wasn't that joyful. But it was subtle.

"And Bella?"

She perked her head up.

"I love you, too."

Ooh!  I'm so proud of myself!

Two updates in a row!  (You guys have no idea how rushed this was, lol).

I'm back on track!

-Krystal