Chapter 6

For the next few months, I was secretly meeting Lucky in the morning. We were so happy to be together for the short period of time.

Until on one day, everything changed.

I was feeling so sick and miserable. I couldn't move that much. My first birthday has passed a few days ago, and Lucky asked to be my mate.

Of course, I had agreed.

But today I don't think I can see him. I was so tired! I fell asleep again.

Nowadays, wherever I went somewhere, there was a flash of cameras, which is a bit annoying. I have become widely known throughout the animal society.

Anyways, enough thinking. Back to sleep.

I woke up and felt very nauseated. Deciding to take a walk, I slowly padded outside. I was surprised when Lucky came running up to me.

"Where were you this morning? I was so worried!" he panted.

"I-I didn't feel well today. I think I have a disease!"

"What the... wait, what?!" Lucky shouted.

Lucky then helped me inside the house. I was suddenly feeling much better.

He licked my ears until I fell asleep. I dreamt of having mini versions of me and Lucky. They were running around us, yipping happily. They reminded me of when I was- wait, PUPPIES!

Was I expecting?

I woke up with a start. I sucked in a gasp as I realized the discovery I made.

The sickness, the weakness, the dizziness. All of it was explained now.

I'm so happy! I looked Lucky directly in the eye.

"I'm expecting. You're a father."