Chapter 11 Part 2: Confusion

Chapter 11 Part 2
"When you don't come home to me / I can't deal, can't bear" Kelis - Caught Out There

.

-2 Days Later-

He didn't come home. He didn't even bother to call. After spending another night waiting up for him, I went in his closet for a t-shirt and saw a section of his clothes gone. My husband had officially left me and didn't even say goodbye. And I couldn't understand why this happened.

I spent two days in bed alternating between using the bathroom and getting more wine that turned into brandy then rum to tequila. Our- well my alcohol cabinet was empty. If I wasn't feeling like complete shit I would go to the liquor store but I didn't have it in me. I'd much rather lie in bed.

I was still feeling numb to it all. There was a dull ache present but I knew I hadn't processed...this. I knew it hadn't hit me that I'm sing-

I don't know what I am.

As far as I'm concerned I'm married.

I thought a kid in the neighborhood was playing with my doorbell because it had been ringing constantly for the past five minutes. I wished they would run away already. I didn't want to get out of my bed. And I wasn't going to get out of my bed.

The annoying bell continued for another 3 minutes before I threw the covers off my body and on the ground. In only a sports bra and panties, I stomped down the stairs through the living room to my front door. I swung the door open prepared to cuss out the little ignorant child but instead was bombarded with hugs and kisses from Sparkle and Tay.

"Love, are you okay?" Tay asked, squeezing the life out of me.

"Elle your non-communicating ass had me worried. Don't do that again," Sparkle demanded then pulled me from Tay to hug me and kiss my cheek. Sparkle held me back at arms length looking me over. "Bitch, the fuck happened to you?" She touched my matted hair as Tay walked further into my house.

"Spark at least it's clean in here," Tay commented from the kitchen.

"The house is clean but this chick isn't. Elle, when's the last time you washed yourself." Sparkle held her nose together with her thumb and pointer finger. "Tay come here." Tay came back from the kitchen. She stood next to Sparkle, them both observing and assessing me.

"Did either of you bring wine?" I asked. The ladies looked at each other and then me and shook their heads.

"Love, what happened?"

"Wine?" I asked again. "Or get out," I added when I didn't get a response.

"See Tay, I told you." Sparkle laughed then turned her attention to me. "We brought you food and I brought over some Sweet Bitch from my own personal collection. But first, we have to get you fresh." I rolled my eyes and walked towards the kitchen. Just as I was about to cross the threshold my body was jerked back.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I yelled at Sparkle who was holding me by the back of my bra and Tay who was blocking me from the kitchen's entrance.

"Listen," Tay said calmly. "We're here to help. We-"

"Thank you but I don't need it right now." Sparkle yanked back again.

"You have no choice. Stop being difficult and wash your ass; you smell like an apartment building in the projects." I sighed and tried to stomp away but she held on tight.

These bitches.

"Fine," I surrendered throwing my hands in the air. "Can you let me go or are you two going to wash me too?" Sparkle laughed and let me go, thankfully. I went back upstairs with both of them on my tail. "I promise I'm going to shower. I don't need supervisors."