Chapter 7: Head Over Heels

Chapter 7

"'Cause your smile, it's so disarming / And your touch is all I'm wanting" Robyn Johnson - Head Over Heels

I awoke to hands massaging and squeezing my ass. Before I even opened my eyes I could tell I was lying on a chest. I rubbed my face against the smooth skin beneath me and snuggled closer to the warm body. I felt his kisses speckling my forehead and exposed cheek. Opening my eyes, the first thing I saw was Rick's smiling face looking at me.

"Morning Sweets."

"Morning," my words came out more groggy and sleep coated than his. I cleared my throat before asking, "What time is it?" Rick took one hand off my ass to grab his cell phone. He turned it towards me and I saw 5:57 glowing against an explicit background picture of myself. I blushed and dropped my head back down on his chest. "Change that please."

I could feel the vibrations in his chest when he laughed, "Why? I like it." I hadn't noticed before but my head was throbbing and my body felt exhausted.

I'll change his background picture later because that picture of me laid out with only a thong on is not going to work.

"When did you- ow! Never mind." I stopped talking when my head felt like someone was banging a hammer against it. I sat up and palmed my forehead. Rick handed me some aspirin and a bottle of water, which I accepted without question. "I feel like shit. What happened?"

"What do you remember?"

Thinking back, I remember almost nothing. Rick working late again...pole class...drinks with Sparkle and Tay then...

"How did I get home?" I asked frantically. My brain felt so cloudy. Gosh...think Elle think. Drinks with Tay and Sparkle... Did I drive? The coldness of the water made me shiver and I looked down and noticed my naked chest and lime green thong.

Aw shit...

"Did we have sex?" First time I have sex in three months and I can't remember a damn thing. Rick was shaking his head though like it didn't happen.

"No I came home from work and you were passed out in the kitchen." I gasped but then more memories of the night came back to me. Sparkle and Force drove me home, Force carried me inside because...shit. Why did Force carry me inside?

"How did I get naked?" I asked Rick who was looking at me with amusement.

"You woke up when I tried to carry you upstairs. You fought me all the way up here said you were taking a shower, stripped then crawled in the bed and went to sleep."

No, no, gosh this so embarrassing.

"Sorry," I whispered.

"Elle, why are you drinkin-" I waved off his question. I'm grown. I drink because I'm grown. Period. I got out of bed even though I wanted to sleep my hangover away and pulled my T-shirt from the previous night over my head. "Where are you going?"

"To work out," I said over my shoulder before leaving the bedroom. Rick followed me into our make shift gym and closed the door. My head was pounding. I saw Rick mount the treadmill and I sat on the exercise bike next to him just watching.

Okay...deep breaths

I turned forward on the bike and began peddling slowly. The dizziness I felt made it hard for me to go faster. I'd have to call Tay and Sparkle later and ask them what happened last night. I usually didn't get blackout drunk outside my home but...oh well.

We worked out for 45 minutes then showered; me in our bathroom and him in the guest bathroom. I suggested we shower together like old times but Rick refused. I had to admit the steaming shower I took made me feel a lot better.